Random Thoughts Thread

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Dillinger, Mar 6, 2009.

1. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

My insides are mad at me for what I put them through this weekend, I'm gonna take it easy on myself for the rest of the month

2. Cinderocka1989

Cinderocka1989 Well-Known Member Supporter

3. Cinderocka1989

You really shouldn't lie to yourself like that.

You also shouldn't lie to us like that.

primer1, boatme98, SRK97 and 2 others like this.
  4. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Yes.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
  5. Cinderocka1989

Have you heard of labor uprisings?
    It's literally the reason that our working conditions improved.

schnuffleupagus and SRK97 like this.
  6. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Engineering!

7. microadventure

microadventure Well-Known Member

before 1907 copper was a nuisance. where you find copper, crops don't grow.

electricity and automobiles showed up at the same time. copper was suddenly valuable, but nobody was mining it. the copper companies had to build towns for the miners. the town was entirely owned by the company

copper mines were particularly vicious. union organizers came along. they had to be employees to live in the town and organize the miners. if the company discovered an organizer, his employment was terminated

to insure that he left town, the company gave him until sundown, then they burned down what was his house, but in fact was their house. better visuals at night. in those days the act of starting a fire was "firing". if a guy got fired, he was terminated, burned out, and run out of town.

JTJ, sheriffjohn, austin92 and 2 others like this.
  8. F4U

F4U Well-Known Member Supporter

Sorry Winds but NO, and I mean HELL NO!! We do not need to apologise for things we did not do. Did you ever personally make kids (other than your own) work. And I don't mean dust and sweep, or help with the dishes. This crap of feeling guilty for things that happened before we were born is BS, and I refuse to participate.

In 56 years on this earth I have committed enough sins to not need to take on the sins of generations now gone, and I won't.

formerCav, towboater, JTJ and 5 others like this.
  9. schnuffleupagus

schnuffleupagus Well-Known Member

Absolutely. My question was a
    I like this answer

Mongo and ellis36 like this.
  10. F4U

Yes and no!

11. Mister Dave

Mister Dave Well-Known Member

51CmlWfL1zL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Really should read this book to find out who owes whom what. Blacks were doing better than most think, even during Jim Crow. Then LBJ came along.... etcetera....

I used to think Burgess used the term "Marxist" too much. He saw it well before I did.

Seriously, read it, or stop playing like you're informed and stuff. This man lived it.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
  12. F4U

Heard him interviewed on the radio last week, will definitely give it a read.

Rifling82 and Mister Dave like this.
  13. winds-of-change

Settle down. It was a joke. Sarcasm. I should have used green font. Changing it now. Sheesh.

schnuffleupagus likes this.
  14. winds-of-change

Amen.

15. Nmwabbit

Nmwabbit Well-Known Member

sorry mongo, that concept has been tried in the past and hasn’t worked out so well in the end...

for example, twas exactly how America, Republic of South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, was formed by the pesky Brits; Louisiana was a penal colony for the French!

See how well shipping off those the in power group do not like or deem undesirable worked in the US, RSA, and particularly in Louisiana ! (Sarcasm off)

16. Nmwabbit

Nmwabbit Well-Known Member

F4U, sitting at home refusing to participate is then why i guess i missed you here in NM physically protecting the Oñate monument from removal, or protecting the Confederate monuments throughout the south, or protecting the presidential monuments, or seen you writing letters stating you object to the renaming of military facilities or college buildings, or, or, or...

But you keep refusing, but i kinda believe the rumors i am hearing bout the buckeye’s state capitol’s name changing...

17. Cinderocka1989

Engineering, physics. Same same.

18. Cinderocka1989

I really don't think anyone owes anyone else anything at this point. I'm a female diesel mechanic and all I want is to be treated as an equal. Honest to God, equally as the men I work with, I want to be judged and paid by the quality of my work, I don't want special treatment but I don't want to be treated as less than them either. I've worked harder than most of them to get where I am and I still only want to be treated equally, but I don't even get that. And I still don't feel as if I'm owed anything.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
    Shopfox, ellis36, primer1 and 2 others like this.
  19. microadventure

microadventure Well-Known Member

I won't be around to see, but I sincerely hope that 40 years down the road the self righteous among us decide that the lowest of the low are judgemental people, and do to the woke what the woke are doing to us during their brief moment of glory.

primer1 likes this.