Random Thoughts Thread

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Dillinger, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Cinderocka1989

Cinderocka1989 Well-Known Member Supporter

For me it really depends on what I'm doing, I prefer to write left handed, but I do a lot of other things right handed. And some things I can do equally with both. For example when I put make up on I do my right eye with my right hand, left eye with my left hand and you would never be able to tell the difference. I text and shoot right handed.
    I broke my left arm when I was 6 and my grandmother made me write and eat write handed when I was at her house, I still eat with my right hand and I can write fairly well with it.

2. microadventure

microadventure Well-Known Member

I have been told my writing is equally clueless when written with either hand.

winds-of-change likes this.

3. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

I always thought my handwriting would get neater as I aged.... nope

Rifling82 likes this.
  4. boatme98

boatme98 Well-Known Member

And about 50% of the people that put those infernal wire twist ties on bread bags!
    Set a standard for cripes sake! Twist em left or twist em right, just do them all the freaking same!

winds-of-change likes this.
  5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Boatme, about 50 miles up the road is one of the few slate mines. Farm houses all over that county have some of the coolest geometric pattern colored slate roofs you have seen. There are archadweebs that ride thru the countryside, and try to buy the slate roofs. Bad hail and fire aside, those things seem to last forever.

The mine is the only mining operation in VA that is licensed to use black powder for blasting. Velocity all other explosives is too high- you get powdered slate.

boatme98 likes this.
  6. c3shooter

Bread bags! Hah! Known what a rod buster is? Guy that ties the tie-wire to hold steel rebar in place. Picture should be in every medical text on carpal tunnel syndrome.
    [​IMG]

7. c3shooter

One of my grandsons is a lefty. 22 auto was always dinging his arm with ejected brass. Found him a Remington Model 24. Ejects out the bottom.

[​IMG]

8. Cinderocka1989

Cinderocka1989 Well-Known Member Supporter

I worked really hard to have nice hand writing with my left hand. With my right hand it's legible but not as neat.

9. BK3220

BK3220 Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Our middle son is a lefty. We got him a Taurus pump .22 and a Browning BPS. He bought a Ruger #3 in 30-40 Krag for deer hunting. I wish I had bought one of those Taurus .22 carbines for myself.

10. SRK97

I throw those away when I open the bread for the first time, the ol twist and fold is what I do

11. c3shooter

12. microadventure

microadventure Well-Known Member

I have a bird that has learned to replicate the beep of an electronic device rebooting. the electric power here is one thin layer better than the power in Lagos or Havana. endless flickering all day long. so in addition to the hallelujah chorus of reboot beeps I get an additional reboot beep every 4 minutes from this reboot bird.

I find that thing, I'm putting 400 pellets into it, one at a time, and there will be no entry wound.

primer1, boatme98 and ellis36 like this.
  13. jigs-n-fixture

jigs-n-fixture Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I had a mocking bird, that would roost in the tree outside my bedroom window. the damnable thing learned to emulate my alarm clock, and would go off at first light. Took two months to get a shot at it.

14. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

In Atlanta my house was two-story and the flue pipe for the wood stove downstairs passed through the closet in our bedroom. There was a woodpecker who, in the springtime, would announce his royal presence by hammering away on my flue pipe at sun-up. There was no fix, as he would fly away at the first sound of a door or window opening.

ellis

15. sheriffjohn

sheriffjohn Well-Known Member Supporter

Birds! Coons killed 3 of 4 guineas and several hens. I've killed 5 coons so far. Guinea constantly "talks" trying to find the others. Chickens are young, exploring everywhere. Several follow me, climb on the golf cart with me, and now follow my littlest dog around. Fixing a board on the roof of the chicken house, I left the ladder leaning against it. A barred rock hen made her way one rung at a time, to the top to look around. Bugs don't stand a chance, even in the garage, where they supervise my brass cleaning operation. Green acres.

buckhuntr, primer1, austin92 and 5 others like this.
  16. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

I always loved chickens. Liked having them around. Liked making pets out of them....Liked the eggs! Damn foxes made it impossible to have them for any length of time.

I sure miss having them!

ellis

Oldoutlaw, boatme98 and SRK97 like this.
  17. SRK97

I like everything about chickens besides the smell, I eat about a dozen eggs a week

18. schnuffleupagus

schnuffleupagus Well-Known Member

Thats a machine dude.

19. schnuffleupagus

schnuffleupagus Well-Known Member

It is a great critter. They keep ticks down. They provide eggs and meat. They are mean to each other.

winds-of-change and SRK97 like this.