Random Thoughts Thread

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Dillinger, Mar 6, 2009.

1. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

You have to wear a mask in the liquor store here now, I told the guy behind the counter that I always figured I'd end up wearing a bandana into a liquor store someday.

ellis36, boatme98 and Mister Dave like this.
  2. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member

I'm sure that gave him the "warm fuzzies," right there. :p

If you can't have a sense of humor about all of this, though, ...

boatme98 and Mister Dave like this.

3. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member

Took a drive through the nearby city, today. There were hundreds of broken-out windows, everywhere. And a lot of businesses, I'm sure, with boarded-up windows just as a precaution. Lots of ugly, raging graffiti around, about despising police, death to whomever, yadda yadda yadda. Dozens more arrested last night, with much firmer police presence, along with dozens of National Guard milling about, likely in prep for tonight's "fun." Last night apparently wasn't as bad as Friday night, in terms of looting, arson and similar, though many more were arrested and charged.

4. Mister Dave

Mister Dave Well-Known Member

The lockdown order here ends tomorrow. Good thing, if Pritzker had extended it another month I'd be out rioting.

And yes, I'd need to borrow a few gas cans...... :mad:

5. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Maverick barrels are interchangeable. Check out pawn shops for barrels. I saw several sitting in a corner at one pawn shop. Also Ebay. My Mossberg 500 came with a long and short barrel. I picked up a New Haven 600A which is a Mossberg 500 in store brand for $100. I have my short barrel on it but am considering cutting the long barrel that came with it. Not that hard to do. House gun I can afford to have taken for evidence. Put in an Opsol and use minishells. 7-#4 buck and 4-#1 buck in each shell. Recoils like a 20 and will hold 9 or more shells.

boatme98 likes this.
  6. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

I have an old WW II gas mask. I moved it from Illinois to here. Balota wanted to toss it. Now, when we go to riots and we get tear gassed, I’m the one laughing and he’s gasping.

JTJ and boatme98 like this.
  7. Mister Dave

Might want to do some learnin' about that. For example:

"Some World War II gas masks contained chrysotile asbestos or crocidolite asbestos in their filters."

And canisters have a lifespan, as does the rubber.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gas_mask

towboater likes this.
  8. Artbrownsr

Artbrownsr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Wow winds, 4 years already? Keep it going guys, always remember what made it happen for you and keep talking about the good times.

winds-of-change likes this.
  9. Artbrownsr

Artbrownsr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Hey c3 which one covers the 43rd?

winds-of-change likes this.
  10. winds-of-change

11. SRK97

Having a good weekend makes going back to work on Monday worse

12. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

After the 40th, we are moving into belt fed territory!

[​IMG]

Artbrownsr and boatme98 like this.
  13. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I should be just about due for an M134. Working on 55.

14. SRK97

I was pretty proud of myself on Saturday, I went to a bonfire, got pretty liquored up before going into the house to hang out. I noticed one of those gun cabinets with the see through glass doors, so naturally I gave it a look. The guy who's house it was said "hey SRK I bet you don't know what that gun in the middle is" one peak I said Model 04 Winchester, trigger guard gave it away :) Screenshot_20200601-155726_Google.jpeg

primer1, towboater and boatme98 like this.
  15. SRK97

The rats in the barn are getting smarter....

towboater likes this.
  16. winds-of-change

I didn’t want to hi jack the thread this was posted in so I moved it here.
    The Kent State death (there was only one death in May 4, 1970) was totally unwarranted. The student who was killed was NOT rioting in any way. The National Guard panicked and started shooting. The shooter was charged with a wrongdoing. I can’t recall the actual charge.

17. PANDEMIC

PANDEMIC Well-Known Member

Is the barn enclosed? Can yall' use rat bombs and set them off? This way the rats soffocate.

18. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Well, by gawd- now they gone and done it!!!! The latest casualty of COVID! REPLACED by VIRTUAL REALITY.... Yeah, some things are just not the same in VR...…… *whimper*

By Christi Carras Staff Writer
    April 13, 2020
    9:49 AM
    Burning Man ticket holders can no longer gather in Black Rock City due to the coronavirus crisis. So organizers are bringing Black Rock City to them.

On Friday, the Burning Man Project announced that the annual Nevada festival, originally set for Aug. 30 to Sept. 7, is going virtual in 2020, “given the painful reality of COVID-19, one of the greatest global challenges of our lifetimes.”

“After much listening, discussion, and careful consideration, we have made the difficult decision not to build Black Rock City in 2020,” organizers said in a statement.

“Yes, we are heartbroken. We know you are too. In 2020 we need human connection and Immediacy more than ever. But public health and the well-being of our participants, staff, and neighbors in Nevada are our highest priorities.”

19. Mister Dave

I predict a wave of vomiting to follow.

towboater likes this.
  20. microadventure

microadventure Well-Known Member

first time I used glue traps I caught 3 mice in one night. apparently they teach each other. Glue traps have not worked well since, and they catch more feet than rodents. they push one glue trap out of the way with their nose and who knows how many use the path.

I got one of those humane mouse traps. first night, he arched his back and went out the top. next night I boxed the top under a workbench. he figured out how to get out the one way valve entrance tunnel. he has not been back.

I have some second rate substitute for D-con scattered about in places where I hear mice. no visible reduction in quantity. I can't find the old box of D-Con pellets, just one big by mouse standards salt lick pellet. the ones I tried got ignored.

what does work: a mousetrap at the shelf a foot from my feet. bait it with the little bit of stuff you chose not to eat of a frozen dinner. veggies and rice. the old brass trigger traps are better than the new big yellow paddles.

you never don't have mice in a 90 year old farmhouse.