Random Thoughts Thread

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Dillinger, Mar 6, 2009.

1. austin92

austin92 Well-Known Member

Most of my loads are made from my lee manual. I always cross check my Hornady, Speer, and Lyman too though.

Rifling82 likes this.
  2. Cinderocka1989

Cinderocka1989 Well-Known Member Supporter

A reloading bench is on the list of the first things going in my house when I buy one.

I'm gonna have a lot of questions. I think I'll start with shells since I shot my 12 gauge more than anything.

winds-of-change likes this.

3. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

I’m going to make home made sauerkraut. Starting it today. Green cabbage, red cabbage, red onion. Oooooo, BABY! I already make my own yogurt every week.

towboater, primer1 and boatme98 like this.
  4. Cinderocka1989

Apparently I can make yogurt and apple sauce in my instant pot and I'm pretty excited about that. I don't like Sauerkraut. I can't even stand the smell. My mom makes it though.

5. winds-of-change

This is my first sauerkraut venture.

towboater likes this.
  6. Mister Dave

Mister Dave Well-Known Member

It's sauerkraut. What could go wrong?

7. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

everything

towboater and Rifling82 like this.
  8. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

Went down the river with a woman and came across thousands upon thousands of catfish in the process of screwing each other. I caught a couple in a somewhat greasy yet legal way. Cooked them over a campfire, came out pretty good.

Damn that girl was pretty :) IMG_21121.jpeg 20200405_144243.jpeg

9. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

Is that her best side?

towboater, Rifling82 and RKB like this.
  10. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Winds, are you making sauerkraut from scratch or just cooking up a batch?

towboater likes this.
  11. RKB

RKB Well-Known Member

Gardening time approaching. Today I planted 18 two-year-old 'Jersey Knight' asparagus crowns in the bed that I spent two years building - lots of compost and topsoil added en masse to our lovely Tennessee orange clay. It's almost black now and has a nice loamy feel so hopefully, next spring the harvest starts!

buckhuntr, boatme98, primer1 and 2 others like this.
  12. winds-of-change

Mold overtaking the fermentation process.
    You’re a good looking man. Don’t scare her away.

Shredded the cabbage, a beet, two carrots and a red onion. Put some salt on it and moshed it fur 10-15 minutes to get water out of the cabbage to make a brine. Squeezed out the cabbage mix, packed it into a half gallon Mason jar, poured the brine over it. Now I wait. There will be no cooking as that would kill the enzymes and other good things in the fermentation process. After it reaches the tangyness I want, it will go in the fridge. Good for 3-6 months there. No vinegar like store bought stuff. Sauerkraut in vinegar is pickled cabbage, not fermented.

primer1, towboater and ellis36 like this.
  13. Cinderocka1989

The people of advance auto parts have killed a few of my brain cells today. I'm just gonna sit in my car and bang my head on the steering wheel for a minute.

14. Cinderocka1989

My mom always tells me how good Sauerkraut is for you. I'm still not gonna eat it.
    She also argues with me about buying organic fruits and vegetables.

I unintentionally consumed something decidedly gritty that I'm pretty sure came off the bottom of a transmission last week, I know what coolant, diesel, gasoline, DEF, and used oil taste like. If I die from cancer be assured, it wasn't the fruits and vegetables I ate that did me in.

15. winds-of-change

I don’t always buy organic fruits and veggies.

16. jigs-n-fixture

jigs-n-fixture Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Cinder if you want to see some stupids, go to the Minitruck forum. They have never worked on anything, and are trying to learn working on carbureted, emissions loaded JDM trucks, that is is hard to impossible to source parts for.

towboater likes this.
  17. Cinderocka1989

I think I've had enough stupid for the week. Thanks though.

18. microadventure

microadventure Well-Known Member

1973 VW Beetle. Thing front spindles, Kharman Ghia rotors, Type 3 brake master cylinder, calipers, and rear brakes. the best VW brake parts from the aircooled days. No beetle parts in the brake system.

don't even try to talk to Autozoned out. They have their robotic rote "What year vehicle is it going in" chant, and they are incapable of processing "just give me this VW part number". They are like NPCs.

19. microadventure

microadventure Well-Known Member

I stopped watching TV in 1974. I put up an antenna when I retired in 2016, just to have a way to note the passage of time. It took 3 years to catch up with all the various Star Trek series. I am nowhere close to catching up to Stargate.

Two channels, the kind that come as extras to major network channels, just changed their lineup, and there are whole series that are new to me. Knight Rider, Magnum PI, Battlestar Galactica. Not expecting great drama or great actors, but something new ( to me ) is welcome at this time.

I have a friend who wishes somebody could make him forget all of Goldie Hawns movies so he could watch them for the first time again. He refuses to watch Who Framed Roger Rabbit. People are weird.

towboater and winds-of-change like this.
  20. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

There are a lot of serial videos available on Amazon Prime but after a few episodes they all turn into soap operas and I unlist them.

towboater likes this.