Random Thoughts Thread

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Dillinger, Mar 6, 2009.

1. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

Man, I haven't tried Old Crow since I was about 4 years old. I didn't care for it then.

towboater likes this.
  2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

It’s made by a Doctor so it must be good for you. Better than snake oil.

towboater, boatme98 and SRK97 like this.

3. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

This bottle was last opened Thanksgiving Day, 1946. It belonged to my uncle, who brought it for a "Hot Toddy" to celebrate Thanksgiving. He asked mother to "just keep it for next year."
    Mother tucked it away in the pantry where I found it when the old house was being cleared out.
    ellis

P1020904.jpg

4. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

Got my new glock barrel today. The lonewolf one I had was garbage and would not feed. This OEM one works great. Also picked up 50 .44 mag and 10mm hollow points. They look tough.

towboater likes this.
  5. Cinderocka1989

Cinderocka1989 Well-Known Member Supporter

I really want to go to the bookstore.
    I know I should stay home.
    I definitely don't need, or have space for, anymore books.
    I really don't want to put pants on today.
    But I wanna go to the book store.

6. freefall

So go without pants and don't buy anything. Easy-peasy.

7. Cinderocka1989

I don't think you fully appreciate how I got myself into the, I don't need or have space for anymore books, predicament in the first place.
    I am not strong enough to walk into a bookstore and not buy anything.
    I'm not even strong enough to walk into a bookstore and only buy the one book I went to get.
    Also it's a used book store and they cost $5. How do you not buy all the books?

8. microadventure

microadventure Well-Known Member

the local public library purged the collection a while back. ditched books that have not gone out in a while. kept the ones that cycle though most often

now we have a library full of Jacqueline Suzanne novels, but no National Electrical Code.

I bought a hundred or so for $1 apiece. 20 percent went to the free book basket at the general store. the rest are in the back of the F150 for that dreadful day when I have read all the books I have.

9. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

I've read all the books I have and the library is closed for the duration! Crap!!

ellis

10. Cinderocka1989

I have read all but 30 or so of the books I have and I'd say about half of those are books that were given to me that I hang on to in the event I run out of things to read.
    I'm not opposed to reading books more than once either. I have a terrible memory, they're still interesting the 3rd or 4th time I read them because I forget half the story.

Bookstore is closed anyway.

11. Mongo

Mongo Well-Known Member Supporter

Are you in Utah now?

12. freefall

All you bibliophiles who are suffering withdrawal, ABE (american book exchange) is having a big sale and free shipping. They are like ebay for small bookstores across the country. We have had good results from them, got one children's book that was ratted out but got our money back easy.

13. Cinderocka1989

Wisconsin these days.

towboater likes this.
  14. microadventure

I tried to get to the laundromat yesterday, and it was closed. you would think that would be an essential business.

I only need blue jeans and t shirts for the 20 minutes to go to the post office. rest of the day I can wear the same old sweatpants until I grow attached to them.

it's like living in a science fiction movie, the kind where the big star is Jack Palance.

towboater likes this.
  15. freefall

Jack Palance is the shizzle! Did you ever see Oklahoma Crude?

towboater likes this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Well-Known Member Supporter

What do you think about Mr Avery? Locked up for 18 years for a rape he didn't commit and now convicted of murder. He could be innocent. Those Manitowoc cops appear to have a grudge against him and l think they would railroad him and plant evidence and justify it to themselves.

towboater likes this.
  17. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

To our beloved members- when we have a spammer that DOES evade the radar and slips in- PLEASE report the bastard, do not respond to them, Means we get a clean whack at them with the hammer instead of needing to cut and prune.

Thin Kew! (hosing off the bann hammer...…)

[​IMG]

18. microadventure

I understand completely. I have been feuding with psycho cops for 33 years, half my life. been hearing "you won't need it where you're going" since 1987. their score to date: one fix it ticket for no license plate light.

19. microadventure

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
    Caveman Jim, austin92 and primer1 like this.