Random Thoughts Thread

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Dillinger, Mar 6, 2009.

1. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker Well-Known Member

Drug possession charges, especially for something as minor as MJ, are a whole lot easier to get dropped than charges for violent crime or theft.

Prosecutors are more likely to drop lesser chargers (non-violent drug offenses) than more serious charges like assault or theft. In a lot of places, MJ is nothing more than a fine or a slap on the wrist. Why would a prosecutor drop assault or theft charges to go after something so minor unless there was not enough evidence to convict someone for those more serious charges?

harkersislandnc likes this.
  2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Let me brag a little here. My wonderful niece, Carly is graduating from Texas Tech in Lubbock, Texas with her PhD in geology. In the course of her college education, her father died and she underwent brain surgery. She is unstoppable. Yet she is humble, always available to talk to her old Auntie WOC. And if that isn’t enough, last fall she ran the Chicago Marathon. I am so incredibly proud of this lady. As a child, she always had a rock collection going. Now she can tell me all about them scientifically. She has worked in the oil industry throughout college but she is now looking for a professorship. Dr. Carly. WOO HOO!

3. F4U

F4U Well-Known Member Supporter

Sounds like she ought to be bragged about!!

4. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

So let's say you had the chance to buy two Benelli SBE3s for $2,200, one usually costs about $1700, would you blow your tax return, lefties too :)

5. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Maybe. But then is probably sell one.

Caveman Jim and SRK97 like this.
  6. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

Dont ask me - Ill always tell you to get the gun.... :)

Honestly I'd get it and might sell one depending....

SRK97 likes this.
  7. SRK97

Sell a gun? Blasphemy
    One for each hand :)

Caveman Jim, Trez, OLD Ron and 2 others like this.
  8. Mister Dave

Mister Dave Well-Known Member

Just because I wanted to see what that might look like.....

boatme98 and SRK97 like this.
  9. Mister Dave

Mister Dave Well-Known Member

And just for laughs, taking it to the next level.....

Caveman Jim and Rifling82 like this.
  10. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

Late night at work but it’ll be worth it

OLD Ron likes this.
  11. boatme98

boatme98 Well-Known Member

Your single. If you can afford it, buy 'em. That's what, 2 weeks drinking money?:D
    Are they consecutively numbered?

12. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

OK- I know- it's California- even so, this is a new low-
    Pasadena area, Los Angeles, yesterday- thieves stole a Lincoln HEARSE outside a church. Complete with a coffin and a body.

I mean- REALLY?
    [​IMG]

13. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

What about the idiots that steal a car with kids in it? Now it is kidnapping and a much longer stretch in jail. Then there is the mother in Texas that shot the carjacker.

Rifling82 likes this.
  14. SRK97

The state of Virginia has deemed my smoked cab lights to be too dangerous for on road use, (place expletives here) Screenshot_20200227-191110_Amazon%20Shopping.jpeg

15. boatme98

Why on Earth would the state care about cab lights? :mad:
    It's not like they serve any real safty purpose on a pick up.
    Low flying UFOs perhaps? o_O

16. boatme98

My old cell phone went kaput a few days ago and I finally picked up a new one.
    I ended up going to Wally World and getting a Motorola for $17 out the door!
    Verizon store wouldn't come close to the price.
    I found out that at Wally's, there are guys who wear black shirts that actually work for a company called T Roc, who are 3rd party suppliers. They're not WM employees.
    Other than the fact that I had to go into WM, it was a totally painless procedure. The guys knew what they were doing and found exactly what I needed without trying to upsell me.
    I was only there about 20 minutes, and out the door!

winds-of-change, JTJ and OLD Ron like this.
  17. CMAB2SA

CMAB2SA Active Member

Don't vote democrate. Screenshot_20200229-193438.jpeg

Caveman Jim and towboater like this.
  18. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

They serve notice that the vehicle plus cargo may exceed 10,000 lb gross weight.

ellis

OLD Ron and boatme98 like this.
  19. boatme98

Sure but on a 3/4 t theyre just window dressing. They serve no actual illumination purpose so difference would smoked lenses make. There's absolutely no safety reason to ticket someone with them on a pick up. Just seems like over reach to me. $$$$$$$$$

Caveman Jim, Pasquanel and OLD Ron like this.
  20. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

They are not considered window dressing. They didn't used to come on 3/4 ton trucks but some 3/4 trucks these days have the load and towing capacity to meet the requirement. That's why some 3/4 ton trucks have them.
    They are considered warning lights, same as turn signals, and fall under the same color regulation...yellow in color. They must all three work on inspection.

ellis

Oldoutlaw, Mister Dave and boatme98 like this.