Random Thoughts Thread

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Dillinger, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim Well-Known Member Supporter

They saw where the money was and registered as Demoncraps....

2. Caveman Jim

I believe mine went into the lateral file cabinet while it was open after it went airborne. I have faith when my kids go through my files when I’m in Valhalla that they will find it, hoist it up to the clouds and yell our in unison”We found it Ole man!!!”:D

winds-of-change likes this.

3. Caveman Jim

And python lips....:eek:

4. Caveman Jim

I picked up my first pair of prescription sunglasses recently, an early Christmas present...
    Sporting my winter face warmer...:p:D:p:D

23AB19A0-E9B9-4DD0-860D-71DCAAD320A8.jpeg

5. Caveman Jim

texaswoodworker said “Who the heck needs someone who majored in gender studies?”

Major cities that make laws that workplaces have to create gender neutral bathrooms need those ridicules majors... :eek::eek::eek:

My SIL works in downtown Seattle as a journeyman plumber ($55 per hour) and says there is no shortage of work for creating these bathrooms in the foreseeable future...:eek:

6. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

In some cases, the degree is good- but being accredited by your industry is what gets your resume past the HR watchdog. Having your BS in Engineering is good. Having made your credentials for licensing as a PE is better yet.

It is good to be a welder. Better yet- you passed the exam and are a Certified Welder- and all of the specialties that can branch into. I worked in the safety field- and had the papers hanging on the wall- Certified Safety Professional (CSP), and was accredited as an Associate in Risk Management, and as an Associate in Loss Control Management. Those are senior level creds in that field. Gent asked me one day "What is a CSP actually good for?" Told him it was good for an additional $15 thousand in pay.

The guy (or gal) that is a journeyman electrician, plumber, or like Cinder- a diesel mechanic WILL have a job- and decent wages. The folks with the BA in Art History..... not so much.

7. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

Why do we change our minds on what guns we want to buy so much?
    I'm constantly cycling through 10 different guns I want to buy.

I need a sugar daddy with some money

8. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

Sugar Momma?

9. SRK97

Either or.... :)

Caveman Jim, Trez and Rifling82 like this.
  10. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

An education is never wasted, in my opinion.
    There are many Associates degrees that make a good living. Dental Hygienist, Medical Technician, physical therapy assistant, firefighter to name a few.

I’m pretty sure you don’t want a sugar daddy.

boatme98 likes this.
  11. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Oldest grand son is in a graduate program getting his PHD in biology. He will be 30 by the time he gets it. He is debt free and the graduate program pays him a stipend since he has to teach and do research. Stipend = not much but school is covered. Debt free = he went to community college than state college and worked while living at home. Now on his own in another state.
    Next grand son did the community college and is now in state college getting a degree in accounting. Never would have figured him for that. Also debt free, living at home and working.
    Grand daughter graduated HS and has no clue what she wants to do.
    Still have one grandson in HS. No idea what he is interested in.

12. microadventure

microadventure Well-Known Member

people are actually contacting Corona about Coronavirus. the people I know who are that stupid would not be able to figure out how to contact Corona. there must be a thin sliver of people just dumb enough to do that, and just bright enough to figure out a way.

primer1 and Rifling82 like this.
  13. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Just remember the average IQ is 100 which means half the population is below that.:eek::rolleyes:

Rifling82 likes this.
  14. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker Well-Known Member

I am a firm believer in education and believe that all should pursue some kind of higher education whether it be at a college or a vocational school. I also believe that there are some degrees that are just not worth the time, effort, and money that's put into them.

For associate degrees, there are certainly exceptions, but notice that all of the ones you listed involve medical/first responders. Other fields might not have as much need for an Associate's degree. I believe that some places even require firefighters to have a Bachelor's in fire science now. That's actually my backup plan if the LEO thing doesn't work out, though I wouldn't be looking forward to going back to college so soon.

winds-of-change and Axxe2.0 like this.
  15. Axxe2.0

Axxe2.0 Member

I am a firm believer in knowledge. Useful knowledge.

College isn't suited for everyone. There are many professions where a college degree is required. But, there are many professions where a person can make a very good living without one.

Many people overlook the trades, until they need a plumber or electrician, or a mechanic. These are still very lucrative fields to enter, and many are lacking in qualified applicants to fill prospective jobs in many areas.

Caveman Jim and Rifling82 like this.
  16. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Used to have a sign in my office. "Half the people you deal with today will be below average."

17. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

I just want to congratulate our resident Brits on Brexit. Now you can have your own Independence Day celebrations!

Caveman Jim likes this.
  18. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

My son actually beat me in HORSE

19. SRK97

Won me $90 bucks shooting cards tonight, time to buy something...

Headed out at 5:00am tomorrow to shoot geese then rabbits, should be fun.

20. SRK97