Random Thoughts Thread

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Dillinger, Mar 6, 2009.

1. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

2. tinbucket

tinbucket Well-Known Member

I find that yellow with black spots and gold spinner in 1/8 to 1/4 inch spinners quite effective, when sun on running water and in the pools at the edge and under overhanging brush. Works pretty well when cloudy too. Muddy water I like worms or corn. Salmon eggs for some reason are not that productive for me.
    Roostertails tend to twist the line fter the first time. I like, the ah shucks I lost the nme right now. It's a little fatr body tapering to small on end near where you tie the hook. The spinner is not on clevis but on the spinner wire behind th had where you tie th line on. Hole is about one quarter of the way down the spinner. I've used a lot of them.
    Rooster tails produce too . I find that getting them into motion is worrisome and keep them ticking on top of rocks over the holes and pools will get them nailed every time if there.
    Standing in current drifting without weigh, on a number ten hook just about any bait works as do small spinners. Places you would not think there are any fish, where they are hiding under rocks where you cannot see the overhangs.
    Some such hides are not much bigger than the fish.
    Move upstream. Moving downstream, you have already disturbed the fish.
    if any size and not stockers they will look up more for food rather than down.
    Sometimes you can bounce it off their noses but they are sleeping, especially the big ones that fed good last night.
    Single hook spinners in all types are my favorites but are hard to find.
    Most Retailers now rely on the same distributor who services the display and the reason for the high prices and seeming the same stock.
    I have put off for decades buying lure making tools and vice and supplies, now they cost a lot, unless you get the extra tools to bend your own wires and such.
    Then you can buy a spool of wire. Hooks well just about have to buy them. Bodies must be trade marked and not likely to find duplicates of Rooster Tails or others. I'm still going to give it a try.
    Fly rods work but I haven't used one in 30 years. I caught more Bream and Bass than trout with it.

3. jeffm

jeffm New Member

I hope you all are doing well, life has been crazy and I became an uncle again last Saturday the 11th, I have been trying to also put in as many hours as I can because I was saving for a p229 legion but now with the promo springfield armory has going, I may get myself another XD :D [​IMG]

4. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Congratulations. Very cute baby. Enjoy.

5. jeffm

jeffm New Member

On a side note due to pot holes on I-5 near where I live it took me an hour to drive 5 miles. Needless to say I told my boss I couldn't make it in due to traffic ;)

6. c3shooter

Winds.........Have you seen Pengi lately?:confused::confused::confused:

7. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

He has been with us the whole time. He is present and accounted for.

8. Balota

Balota ... but I used to play keyboards. Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Ummm, he has been spending all his time out in Winds car. Maybe he made an unannounced trip... You know, like Free Willie, only he was setting another penguin free...

9. TankTop

TankTop Well-Known Member Supporter

So I'm at work today and I'm appraising a customers trade in....

Me: your bumper is a little cracked and falling off, what kind of accident were you in.
    Customer: it's never been in an accident!
    Me: so you did that on purpose?
    Customer: ?!?!?!?!?!?!
    Me: did you file a claim for the hail?
    Customer: there's no hail, a big cat walks on my car.

This is going to be a long day.....

10. c3shooter

Tank- I saw a note in an insurance claim file some time ago-

"Customer states car was left parked in hot sun, resulting in numerous creases and wrinkles in sheet metal.

Investigation continuing."

11. Cinderocka1989

Cinderocka1989 Well-Known Member Supporter

12. Hooligan12

Hooligan12 New Member

This is about random thoughts? I want lasagna and bourbon. Not exactly in that order.

13. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

Its official.. I have a gun addiction.. Im sitting at home itching like a tweeker figuring out what I can sell to afford a M84 Scope and one of the new Troy "retro" carbines..

Pretty sure drugs would be cheaper at this point... :p

14. Dallas53

Dallas53 Well-Known Member Supporter

yep, you're addicted!:D

my goal is to have so many guns that there will be no way my wife would even know i added another to the collection!

when i die, i only hope she gets what the guns are worth an not what i told her i paid for them!:eek:

15. Cinderocka1989

Cinderocka1989 Well-Known Member Supporter

When the service literature says "do not heat companion flange with torch or hit with a hammer"
    It's almost like they know me....

16. buckhuntr

buckhuntr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Taxes. Always taxes. I was working on mine this afternoon, and need a drink...

17. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

18. Viking

Viking Well-Known Member

I have a friend in Grants Pass, Oregon that runs a generator shop and many of his bigger generators are run by 4, 6, 8 and sometimes 16 cylinder 2 cycle Detroit engines. He really gets them running great. Every time I go to his shop I drool over what I consider art, he rebuilds those machines with great love and one of these days I'm going to buy one of his low rpm generators to work with my standby solar power backup.

19. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

My radiators leaking, dang acting like its a Ford.

20. Mongo

Mongo Well-Known Member Supporter

I've seen and driven a 12V71 and I have seen 12V92 stationary engine but not a 16 cylinder.