Random Thoughts Thread

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Dillinger, Mar 6, 2009.

1. kansas45

kansas45 Member

Get well soon Winds.

2. buckhuntr

buckhuntr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

WHAT!? You WILL beat this! That's an order!

3. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

The cancer I had is very slow growing. I didn't wait very long once symptoms started to seek help. I will beat this, Buck.

I feel pretty good. Sore due to some very small incisions in my abdomen from the robot assisted surgery and about a 4" incision in my lower abdomen.

I didn't mention this earlier because I wasn't ready to talk about it and I didn't want to dwell on it too much.

4. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

Get well soon Winds.

5. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Will you be getting chemo or radiation?

6. winds-of-change

I am going home now. I feel pretty good, just sore.
    The Doc who did the surgery took some lymph node bopsies to send to the lab. If there are cancer cells in those nodes, some radiation and/or chemo will be needed. This kind of cancer is pretty passive and doesn't spread very often unless left for a long time. The Doc said the lymph nodes looked healthy. He doubts there will be cancer cells there. I truly think I only need to recover and I will be fine.

A co-worker said her MIL had this 27 years ago and she has been fine ever since. I am confident my case will be the same. They removed my ovaries since I am post menopausal and don't need them. Ovaries make estrogen and this cancer is driven by estrogen. Also, to leave them in is just another girly part to leave open for cancer.

Now I get to go home and drive Balota crazy.

7. Balota

Balota ... but I used to play keyboards. Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

It's working!
    Short drive...

8. Threetango

Threetango Audentes Fortuna Iuvat Supporter

You WILL beat the cancer.
    I had a radical prostatectomy in 1999 for cancer from agent Orange and 5 years afterward the doc said I beat it so I'll in your corner.

9. winds-of-change

I'm glad you were cleared from your cancer. Dumbass Vietnam war and our government who didn't mind poisoning our military.

10. kansas45

kansas45 Member

You are going to be just fine Winds. I'm sure of it.

11. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

While Winds is doing her recovery, we have arranged for a Bann Hammer with a lightweight Titanium head and a carbon fiber handle. This will take the place of her usual 9 lb hammer until she is up to swinging that one again.

No, it's not pink (yet)- but it DOES have a "Hello Kitty" sticker on it.

Do you know a troll that would be willing to go whimper to another forum that he got swatted with a Hello Kitty Bann Hammer? :p

hello kitty hammer.jpg

12. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

That guy with a pink mosin would be honored to be banned with a pink hammer, kitty or no kitty.

Carbon fiber and titanium? That's an assault hammer, soon to be outlawed by obarry in the last week in office.

13. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Naw- it does not have the thing that goes up over.

:D

14. AmPaTerry

AmPaTerry Forum Chaplain Lifetime Supporter

God has answered our prayers, and I feel completely sure that he will continue, and all the tests will be negative -

15. winds-of-change

I STILL don't know what she was referring to.

I'm confident our prayers have been answered. Thank you everyone. I will announce pathology Reports when I get them.

16. buckhuntr

17. buckhuntr

[​IMG]
    I'm not used to interacting with these larval humans.

18. winds-of-change

He's so cute.

19. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

Had something funny happen at work today. I was running the saw while the boss man held up logs for me with the bobcat. I was wearing earplugs and really focusing and not paying attention to anything else. I looked over to my left and almost had a heart attack. Standing there was the biggest animal I think ive ever seen. He was just checking in seeing what we were doing. Also saw two bald eagles.

Attached Files:

20. jeffm

jeffm New Member

Saw this the other day, they don't hold the food as good as the ole fashion forks do :D [​IMG]