Random Thoughts Thread

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Dillinger, Mar 6, 2009.

1. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Fund raiser doughnuts. Don't eat them all.

2. winds-of-change

Balota and I just watched a cute movie titled 'Short Circuit'. I enjoyed it. Now we are watching the History Channel about Choctaw code talkers during WW I. Very interesting. I WW II it was Navajo and Apache code talkers.

3. winds-of-change

On a sad note, I had this dog of mine put down today. She was 11 years old and had very bad knees and hips and a breathing problem. There wasn't much more that could be done for her. She has been a great companion all these years and I will miss her.

Attached Files:

4. CaptMidnight

CaptMidnight New Member Supporter

That is painful experience to lose a dear and faithful friend. There is an Irish legend that addresses this. When we pass we will be met up there by every dog we ever owned running to us from a beautiful cloud filled valley. :)

5. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Very sorry for your loss of a family member Winds . Many tears and many blessings from these gifts to enhance our lives . Our pets make us better people , some large lessons to be learned about unconditional love and loyalty .

6. F4U

F4U Well-Known Member Supporter

All dogs go to heaven because when we get there it wouldn't be heaven without them waiting there for us.

Don't grieve winds, look forward to seeing her again, far in the future. And know that she is pain free now and frolicking with the other dogs in heaven waiting on their masters to join them.

7. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

I'm sorry to hear about the loss, winds. They are family members in the truest sense.

8. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

I'm sorry, Winds. The more I learn about people, the more I like dogs.

9. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

I'm back for a bit. Fought long and hard with my back and came out on top. Able to do things like shoot again. Hoping to get back into LE with a small town PD before the end of the year. Looks good as admin seems to like me and knows a bunch of my old supervisors. Trying to find a quiet .22LR to get back into the habit without pissing off my neighbors.

10. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Welcome back, officer. :)

11. jeffm

jeffm New Member

Here is a special Christmas treat I made for all of you with a Halloween touch :D:D:D:D:D

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4IC7qaNr7I[/ame]

12. MobileMarine

MobileMarine New Member

home life got a little tight last night so i pulled out and went the friends B-day party for their son . Kids went to bed and suddenly my tequila bottle was empty and then the jagermeister came out .
    I have major weakness for that green bottle of demons , last time i killed a bottle i ended up nearly naked faceplanted on the floor with my legs and *** on the bed .
    Good thing about jager is , most everyone else is terrified of it so thats just more for you and if you can chug the bottle you can make everyone in the room gag ROLMAO

still taste it everytime i burp today , thats the not cool part

13. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Jaegermeister is something you either hate or tolerate. I hate it. :eek:

14. buckhuntr

buckhuntr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Wretched stuff to me.

15. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

Jag and red bull :)

16. SRK97

Looks like I got some work to do

Attached Files:

17. winds-of-change

Be careful. You CAN drink yourself to death.

18. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL November Sunday afternoon- cool, crisp, sunny. Got our first frost last night, but I am still picking cherry tomatoes. Small garden bed up against the house, sheltered corner that gets SW sun, stays warm.

The Cherry tomatoes are volunteers- offspring from Big Boy hybrids. The plants are indeterminate- they will grow until frost finally does get to them. They have been topping our salads all summer long, and still taste great.

Muzzleloader season is in here- was able to congratulate a young man (age 14) yesterday that took his first buck, hunting with his Dad. Don't know which of them was prouder.

It's that time of year when you are faced with choices- take the rifle and go stake out some deer- or take the boat and rod, slip down to the lake for a couple of hours? Ah, decisions, decisions. I'll put the rifle in the truck. If no deer, I can fish after dusk.

19. SRK97

You could tie a line to the barrel and hunt at the same time :)

20. SRK97

Everybody go look at the super moon