Raising kids while wearing guns

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by mseric, Aug 6, 2014.

1. mseric

mseric New Member

http://www.pottsmerc.com/general-ne...raising-kids-while-wearing-guns-on-their-hips

Teaching their children to shoot and respect guns came naturally to Anesi and Herman, who were taught to shoot as kids.

It’s like teaching them anything else about safety, Herman said: You teach children not to touch a stove because it’s hot; you teach them to wear a seatbelt in the car; and you teach them about guns because they can be deadly if mishandled.

“Education is extremely important” to defeat the fear of an inanimate object, like a gun, Herman said.

2. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

In the deep South, living in a rural area, if we were going hunting with a friend after school, we were allowed to bring our shotguns on the bus to school, where they would reside in the principal's office until school was out. I never knew of anyone who was accidently shot....it was not allowed....

I remember a school magazine sells drive where the student selling the most subscriptions won a 30-30.

3. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

It was the same way out here.:)

And before all pickup trucks were "crew cabs" they all had a rifle in the back window. Lotsa .30-30s, K98s and 1903A3s, but a few M1As and AR-15s as well.

4. mseric

mseric New Member

I remember the same, we also had folding Buck knives on our belts in school. We even had a shooting range (22 LR) in the basement of the school.

To bad you and your beloved Democrat Party have put the kibosh to all this.

5. WNGMSTR

WNGMSTR Troll Scout

Isn't that the truth, a poptart in the shape of a gun will get hauled off now.