Raising ccw permits.....

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by ajbeau, Mar 2, 2011.

1. ajbeau

ajbeau New Member

Rhode Island is at it again. They already make us jump thru hoops to get a carry permit. Now they are trying to cahnge the price. was $40 for four yrs, they want $100 .If tou are non-resident they want the$100 EVERY YEAR!

I guess all thre bad guys will be turning in their guns!!!

2. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

States are doing all kinds of things to raise money, I expected this. In Oregon, it is $50 for three years. find a State that has reciprocity with Rhode Island and get a CCW permit from them.

There you GO, get a Utah CCW permit http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USReciprocity.pdf

3. NGIB

NGIB New Member

We've covered this before but reciprocity is for another state recognizing your state's permit. I've never heard of a state resident being able to legally carry in their home state using an out of state permit...

4. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

I would think that if you got an out of state permit from say Utah, that it would be valid in your state, whether you were a Utah resident or not. Utah permits are recognized in several states, Rhode Island is one of them.

5. ajbeau

ajbeau New Member

i do not believe r.i. honors ANYONES permit.

6. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

7. ajbeau

ajbeau New Member

8. NGIB

NGIB New Member

I know a lot of folks that have non-resident permits for the ability to carry in more states than your home state permit, UT, PA, & FL are the biggies. My point is that your home state will probably not recognize an out-of-state permit held by a resident. The law in GA is very clear - once you establish residency the only permit honored for a GA resident is GA...

9. ajbeau

ajbeau New Member

I agree. i also noticed "dunerunner " is from oregon.........they are like r.i. in that they to do not recognize ANY other stae permit.
    Go to the link http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USReciprocity.pdf GO TO page #2 where it says "permit/licenses that this state honors."

I wish there was an end run around these ridiculous laws. I live in R.I. and am a biker. In 15 minutes I can be in massachusetts or connecticut.neither of which honor my permit. Ma.costs is $100/yr, ct. is $70/yr i believe.

10. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Sorry, I interpreted it the basakwards. It is a wonder to me that I can drive all over the country on my state drivers license without any restrictions but a Constitutionally guaranteed right cannot be exercised equally throughout the country.

Guess you're stuck paying the tax in Rhode Island to carry concealed.

11. ajbeau

ajbeau New Member

UNBELIEVABLE isn't it!!!
    every now and then i hear talk of nation - wide recprocity, but when states like Ri, Ma, oregon etc pull this, I reealize not in my lifetime. Thanks for your input . Thanks to all on this forum ,I peruse many, but this is my favorite.
    I gues you can sign me SCREWED in RI

12. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I never thought about it like that, but you have a very valid point with Driver's Licenses. The "privilege" of driving is treated more like a right than the 2nd Amendment!:mad:

13. oldmarine

oldmarine New Member

Iowa has a new ccw law and is easy to get permit. it is a joke I have a permit that is good till march 10 .so went to get new permit and they deny it because of mental health that happened 10 years ago. can get it off record if I pay 185.00 and hire legal help for 750.00. what a good way to line there pockets. gess if you get help for trouble I am a bad guy. so everyone just stay crazy and get your permit.