Raised By Hippies?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Vikingdad, May 3, 2013.

1. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

2. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I was in cloth diapers but it was 1963-64 :D

3. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Fore dead in Ohio , Kent State Uni. .! Governor Rodes ?.! Was there , I got arrested there , I was a hippie ...! :p

One of the few times this whole frogging country stood as ONE..! I'm ready to stand again , damn (Neo-con) murdering , thieving , black hearted , SOB's....!

To people's of major power , what is gold , or money , or diamonds to a stanking corps...? While I'm at it , FBI ,CIA , DHS , ETC. , COME AND TAKE MY GUNS FOR IT IS A GOOD DAY TO DIE... !

Was I polite enough....? :confused:PIECE....! .....:( oh yeah , I forgot ,
    Baaaaaaaah , hail to the Queeeeen. , go USSA..! :D

^____|---l___\~>^ = Eeeek..! Feelin feisty....! Eeeek..,! :confused:

Last edited: May 3, 2013
  4. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

When Kent State went down I was in Alabama, in a very conservative Methodist School, now known as Athens State Unversity. Even Athens had a reaction to Kent State, and a demonstration. It was minor in nature, but a phenominally big thing to the town of Athens, AL. It showed them that there were other opinions on what was going on, and there were reactions.

There was no violence, but there was people who wanted to make a statement on what was in their opinion right. There was no one at that school that went and meet returning Viet Nam vets in Huntsville, AL and demonstrated against them. But the school wanted to protest things like Kent State.

At that time, I believe a Kent State type protest in rural North Alabama, might have been bloodier. Thankfully, it was not an issue.

I was pretty liberal then, but since then I have gotten a job!

Last edited: May 4, 2013
  5. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

well i can honestly say i wasn't raised by hippies!:D

6. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

I may have to put together "15 signs you were raised by Rednecks...."

:p

I remember hearing about Kent State. Also heard about Neil Armstrong landing on the moon. Both quite some time after the event. Was involved in some violence of my own a LONG way away from Kent State.

7. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

a Southeast Asia vacation perchance?

8. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

If you could distill it down to just 15 it would be quite a feat!

That sounds more interesting.

9. limbkiller

limbkiller New Member

I was raised by a fighter pilot and he went to Nam. I was not a hippie and hated all that stupid crap that the hippies did. Still do.

10. DFlynt

DFlynt New Member

I wasn't raised by hippies either Dad worked at the Naval Avionics Facility Indianapolis and Mom stayed home and raised 4 kids, she finally went to work as a cafeteria lady in the Shelbyville School district when all of us kids were in school. Had a 3 bedroom house and 2 cars, one was always a Buick Special Station Wagon and the other one was a pea green Volkswagen Beetle.

Last edited: May 4, 2013
  11. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I was a hippie with a cause and a soldier also.! I served ,I didn't have to agree.!

12. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Signs that you were raised in a Military family:

1. Kids refer to Mom as Household 6.

2. On Monday mornings, they are standing in the hall with 2 sheets and a pillow case.

3. Your 14 yr old wants a "high & tight" haircut- but you're not sure it would look good on her.

4. For "Show & Tell", the 9 yr old takes a parachute.

5. Waiting in line at the grocery, your wife "takes a knee".

6. The baby wore woodland pattern camo diapers.

7. Your daughter's eye shadow is light green- and loam.

8. After school snacks involve MRE heaters.

9. Returning from a date, daughter checks in with the Charge of Quarters.

10. While at a restaurant, one of the kids says "Daddy, I need to use the latrine."

13. TLuker

TLuker Active Member

9 signs you were raised by rednecks:

1. You were suspended from school for carrying a knife, on the first day of kindergarten.

2. Your baby shoes were buckskin moccasins

3. Your first bike had a trailer hitch on it

4. You spit out the first store bought Mountain Dew you ever tried because it wasn't what you were expecting.

5. You were a teenager before you learned that not all cars were 4WD

6. Your bus driver called you instead of the school mechanic.

7. The principle automatically called you over the intercom every time a stray animal was found in the school.

8. You were wondering where the skewers were the day the frogs got dissected in biology class, and why they didn't have holes in them from the gig.

9. You were an adult before you found out opening day of deer season wasn't a national holiday.

14. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

I also learned to track really well by finding my older brothers when they ditched me. They are still to this day amazed at how good I got at finding them despite their efforts to cover their tracks.

I guess I am a mix between a redneck and a Hippie.

15. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

Guilty, military brat for life, and I never left it.

16. readygirl

readygirl New Member

I could add a few things to this list (born/raised in Scott Co. Tenn) but one memory that stands out, is my brothers always fighting over the spit cup on the bus, on the way to school.

17. readygirl

readygirl New Member

OH...And even better, my high school bus driver kept a bolt action rifle, with a scope on it beside his seat. He was always on the lookout for groundhogs...he could spot them seems like a mile away, stop the bus, and blast the little suckers...lol

18. readygirl

readygirl New Member

And does anybody remember gun racks..? I never see them anymore, But growing up in Tenn, they must have been standard equipment, EVERY truck had one...

19. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I admire you, C3.

That is hysterically funny. But I would have been mortified as a school aged kid.

Vikingdad, I ditched science class the day we were supposed to pith the frogs. I just couldn't do it. :(

20. readygirl

readygirl New Member

And ..everybody had vehicles with no tags or titles. we drove them all around everywhere, most belonged to dead relatives, Dad used to tell us kids "dont drive uncle Bobby's truck out on the four lane"