Rainer Arms or BCM complete lower?

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by whiteydale23, May 17, 2014.

1. whiteydale23

whiteydale23 New Member

Rainier Arms or BCM complete lower that is the question? I know BCM is quality but the Rainier Arms complete lower comes with many extras that I like and seems of good quality. What do you guys think of the two? This will be my first AR build

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

2. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Got links to them? Both companies do it right, at least their products that I've bought.

One thought, unless you really want those rollmark you should have little trouble building up a stripped lower of equal quality for less money. That's what I do, then top it with a quality factory built upper by BCM, Daniel Defense, etc.

3. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Yes, RA complete lower comes with many extras. But to me, i still will choose BCM.
    But whichever you choose at the end, you can't go wrong with either one.

4. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

Get whichever is cheaper. I've dealt with both and they're both equal in my opinion. But what do I know? I only build and sell these things for a living.

5. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

If one has extras that you would go ahead and add later anyway, then buy that one instead of buying parts twice. Both companies have solid reputations.

6. CamoToe1

CamoToe1 New Member

If you are OCD like me, go with the Ranier Arms. They usually have a tension screw that will eliminate any slop between the lower and upper.

If you are looking for resale value, go with the BCM and slap a BCM upper on it.

If you are value minded, go to PSA and it will function the same for 1/2 the price.

Whichever you choose, post a photo when it's done!

7. whiteydale23

whiteydale23 New Member

Oh I will def post pic when done. I have been looking at a lot of billet lowers such as Mega Arms but I'm worried that if I get a billet lower I'd have to get a billet upper because it looks so sick but I don't know if I'd have the tools and know how to properly put on and fit the barrel and gas tube/block. I love working with guns and taking them apart and customizing them such as 1911's but is it much harder to properly fit and build an AR15 or should I just start simple for my first AR?

8. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Watch lots of youtube videos, they will help you. Starting simple or not for your 1st, you will be addicted to it then there will be 2nd..3rd.. and so on.

9. Quentin

Quentin New Member

ARs are much easier to build than 1911s but you will need some tools to do a stripped upper. Lowers are real easy, common tools in the garage can handle the work. There are plenty of videos online to help out.

Standard forged uppers look pretty good on my Quentin Defense US Army Edition billet lower (no affiliation to me, BTW) but no doubt a Mega upper would look best on a Mega lower. I'm going to get a stripped QD billet upper to complete the lower.

10. TexasGunner

TexasGunner New Member

I would highly recommend the Rainier Arms one. I have only experienced absolutely perfect service from them and their products are top notch!

11. toddchaney

toddchaney New Member

Well, that's your own personal choice. Both of them are great at what they do.