Railgun

Discussion in 'DIY Projects' started by Salazar, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Salazar

Salazar New Member

2. fitbmxseries1

fitbmxseries1 New Member

thats not a rail gun though its a stun gun, a rail gun uses electric pulse to move a metal bar through a barrel, so far none have been made that are practical. But those stun guns are fun, you can also make one out of a battery powered bug zapper, these done actualy stun but hurt like hell.

3. The Swede

The Swede New Member

here is my railgun, it is made from 25 disposible cameras that i got for free from my local photo store.

[​IMG]

4. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

5. bgeddes

bgeddes New Member

I have seen one of those!! A guy my Father-in-law shoots with built one.

6. The Swede

The Swede New Member

7. sadsack

sadsack New Member

Rail guns

The rail guns are the unlimited class of the benchrest game.

8. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Both are rail guns. One is a very accurate firearm w/o a stock and one is an electric pulse gun with EXTREMELY high velocity (11,000 fps or so). The UT research center (now called the J.J. Pickle Research Center, crooked former US congressman from Austin) is here in Austin. They have been at the forefront of the electric rail gun technology race. I know some guys that work there and the velocities they get are incredible. A piece of plastic weighing about a half pound going over 10K fps has incredible kinetic energy. The shortcoming is and will be the amount of power needed to drive it that fast. They have a nuclear reactor there so I guess power is not a big issue.