Railed gas block problems

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Tenderribbs, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Tenderribbs

Tenderribbs New Member

Built this retro Ar a few weeks back and I am unable t o get the front sight high enough to get zeroed in, this gas block rail is lower then top rail on the barrel . I cranked the rear all the way down with two clicks from bottom on 3 it's a carry handle. I can't put front sight on top of rail because I went with wood and have no rails I have a flip up sight on the block now and I have the pen just barely threaded in and I'f I go with a longer front pen it's going to get hung up on everything .should I just go ahead and put on a f type front sight? That's really the look I am looking for anyways Thanks for any advice ahead of time .

image-2107377034.jpg

2. buffalolake

buffalolake New Member

They make those rail mounted front sight posts in 2 different sizes, 1 for mounting to a flat top rail and 1 that is about 1/4" higher for mounting on a gas block rail. You need to get the one that is made for the gas block rail for it to work right.

3. buffalolake

buffalolake New Member

Here is an example of the two heights.
    [​IMG]

4. Quentin

Quentin New Member

The sight on the right looks like an ArmaLite designed for a low gas block rail. It or one like it should solve your problem. There are flip ups of that height but again make sure the height is right.

5. Tenderribbs

Tenderribbs New Member

Thanks that's exactly what I was looking for