Rabid Coon?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by bobbyb13, Mar 27, 2009.

1. bobbyb13

bobbyb13 New Member

I decided to take a walk this morning, since it quit raining. My old dog Jack as company, and the cell phone that my wife insists I have at all times. When I rounded the corner of the tractor shed, Jack is raising heck, and a freaking coon boils out from under some old lumber stacked there. The fight was on. I could not get a shot for fear of hitting Jack. The old hound finaly got a strangle hold on the coon and shook the thing to death, then I shot it with the Buckmark for good measure. Funny how something that lasts probably less than a minute seems like a day. I called the animal warden, he picked up the coon, and I took Jack to the vet. He got chewed up a bit, and his shots are current. They cleaned him up, gave him a booster shot, and told me to keep him in for 15 days, and watch him. I didn't handle Jack or the coon. Already took a shower. Rabies scare the piss outta me. Now I have to wait for a lab report. Reminds a man how fortunate he is to have a good hound, and a firearm.

2. McNabb11b

McNabb11b New Member

Sorry for your dog. Good dogs are just another reason why I know that God loves us. I hope all turns out well.

3. bobbyb13

bobbyb13 New Member

Don't worry to much

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Jack's a good friend. I hope he stays well.

5. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

If he is up to date on his shots and you didn't start chewing on him or the dog you should be good to go.

Rabies is no joke. I have delt with it as I was the Rabies Bite control officer for Fort Dix, McGuire AFB and Lakehurts NAS.

I have been shot up a few times with rabies for vaccination. I have seen in person that Rabies makes animals do serious things. I watched a cat defye gravity and run circles around his cage from top to bottom none stop. Talk about fun If I had some stray that bit a person I have to kill it and cut its head off. I would then package it up in a foam cooler and pack ice around it and send it off.

I had 2 seperate cases of it at Fort Dix. 4 people had to go on rabbies shots. Them suckers are no gd joke they hurt.

Keep an eye on old yeller and yourself you never know.

6. canebrake

canebrake New Member

I think I've got your number bobby!
    You're just workin' on getin' back to those therapists! [​IMG]

7. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

No truer words my friend. I am glad that you and the hound appear fine on the surface. Best wishes for a speedy recovery for both of you guys...

And what THE HELL is in the water over there? :eek: I immediately demand that bad sh!t stop happening to you and your loved ones!!

Don't make JD angry Fate, you won't like me when I'm angry. :mad:

JD

8. bobbyb13

bobbyb13 New Member

9. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Completely understand my friend. I'll raise a glass in your honor and shoot a flaming arrow into the pyre with your men. :D

But HOW MUCH FOR THE DUCK?!?!?!

10. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Between medical issues, coon attacks, and exploding brushfires, maybe you should think about a rabbits foot or something.:)

11. bobbyb13

bobbyb13 New Member

I just about busted a gut there Benning. Cuse me me while I go blast a wabbit:D

12. bobbyb13

bobbyb13 New Member

Update

Jack is doing fine. Still his ornery cussed old self. Goes back for a check up tomorrow. The coon was rabid.

13. AsmelEduardo

AsmelEduardo New Member

Damn... At least Jack seems to be fine.... the good news is he had his shots, keep us informed. :rolleyes:

14. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Bobby, here's how to get JD off your back:

Click on the film clip.

[​IMG]

15. WDB

WDB New Member

Cane that is great:D:D:D

16. WDB

WDB New Member

Bobby, We'll keep our fingers crossed for Jack.

17. orangello

orangello New Member

Good luck to Jack!

I'm not a fan of 'coons. When I previously lived in Memphis, TN, i walked in to see the attic drop-door open one night; after looking around i saw an agitated 'coon. I tried to be nice & herd the 'coon out the door without really hurting it; it literally "came right at me". I split its wig with an aluminum bat & looked at my 20+ pound cat with a good bit of disappointment.

I envy that country living; i'm doing the small town living thing now, have to pee in the backyard to avoid upsetting neighbors.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
  18. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Or you could try indoor plumbing.:D:D:D