R700 sps-v

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by LotzORemmies, Mar 9, 2010.

1. LotzORemmies

LotzORemmies New Member

Well, last time I went shooting, I still had my BSA platinum mounted, and this time around, It was still there. But last time I went, I used cheap bulk winchester 45 grain varmint rounds found at my local "we consume all businesses" mart. My best group of that first trip after dialing in the scope was a 2.75 inch group! Most groups were in the 4-5 inch range.

So this time, I took a few boxes of remington 55 grain flat top rounds. Instantly shot a 1.5 inch five shot group. Then repeated that again with another 1.5 inch group! Then shot a 2.25inch ten shot group! I then let the barrel cool down and switched back to the winchester rounds, another 4 inch group....

Conclusion: I wasted my a lot of my money on cheap rounds... But learned my lesson. Reload stuff is at the top of my wish list. And my new millet is on order!

2. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

Do you know what twist your barrel has? It might like heavier bullets, try some 60gr NoslerBT or Hornady v-max's and it might tighten up even more.

3. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

Thought it might be a 9 twist. Looks like you're in the right weight range. 40-55.
    Must just like the remmy ammo better.

4. bmb1127

bmb1127 New Member

let me know if those millet scopes are any good i have been eyeballing one of these but wasn't sure of the quality