R. Lee Ermie, the Duke and Coors Light

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by AcidFlashGordon, Dec 27, 2010.

1. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpY4YydhbEg]YouTube - Marine Drill Instructor[/ame]

There's a slight error in the video concerning R. Lee Ermie. See if you can spot it. :D

2. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

It would be the mustache, never saw a Marine DI with a mustache!

3. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I have to agree with dunner. never seen one with a stache esp one that looked that effing bad.

4. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Well to start The Campaign Cover is wrong, the Chevrons are wrong and missing in some shots. The Ribbons are incorrect and out of order. I could go on but will stop there.:D

5. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Also what self respecting marine would even thing of drinking rocky mt piss water? I thought you guys only drank shine or whiskey?

6. kyleytxrialover

kyleytxrialover New Member

the rockies dont even drint it:D

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

something stupid. i joined the army instead of the marines cuz i dont like bulldogs. they creep me out.

8. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

How did that work out for you?

9. JonM

JonM Moderator

i had a great time in the army :) was stationed in hawaii. the marines also didnt gaurantee a police slot the army did. that mighta had something to do with it too. but bulldogs are creepy. cant see their eyes. cant tell if they want to eat me or not.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2010
  10. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

Quite a few things were noted. How about Ermie's rank insignia? He's wearing a Army Sergeant First Class instead of Marine Gunnery Sergeant insignia.

Army SFC
    [​IMG]

Marine Gunnery Sergeant
    [​IMG]

As for the mustache, I've seen D.I.s with them. When my Dad was stationed in Parris Island back in the late 50s, there were several of his fellow D.I.s that had mustaches and one of them had a mustache that makes Ermie's look good.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2010