R.I.P Michael Landsberry

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by G30USMC, Oct 21, 2013.

1. G30USMC

G30USMC Active Member Supporter

A middle school math teacher was shot dead today while shielding students from a boy with a gun in a Nevada middle school. The slain teacher was identified by his family as Michael Landsberry, a former U.S. Marine.

Attached Files:

2. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

And another gun free zone is seen as a soft target. :(

3. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

RIP brother. Go guard the pearly gates and know your act of valor will not be forgotten.

4. DFlynt

DFlynt New Member

R.I.P. good sir, you're a hero!

5. shadecorp

shadecorp Active Member Supporter

Rest in Peace
    young Man
    Rest in Peace
    You Will Be Missed.

6. phideaux

phideaux Active Member Supporter

Wanta know what a real hero looks like? Take a look at Michael.

The real deal.

May god rest you....my brother.

Jim

7. TheDesertFox

TheDesertFox New Member

R.I.P. A true hero of a man.

8. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

Semper Fi Mr. Landsberry. Thank you for your service, and for your final act of valor.

9. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Fu$*ing gun free zones cost us another soldier. I'm tired of it.
    I want the name of the damn shooter.

10. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

Some punk kid that already shot himself. Find a way to redirect your emotion :/

11. bargeahead

bargeahead New Member

Semper Fi....a truly brave and honorable man.

12. StainlessSteel215

StainlessSteel215 New Member

It was one of his own students, a troubled and bullied 12 year old kid who pulled his dad's Ruger 9mm out in the school yard on the way into school.

He shot a kid in the abdomen (victim is stable now) then the brave teacher mr. Landsbury ran up to him arms up....blocking other students out of range as they fled. The kid snapped and yelled and shot him fatally in the chest, spun around and shot one more kid in the arm before turning the pistol on himself

I'm sick to my stomach over this. Landsbury was a decorated marine who survived a tour in Afghanistan only to take up a lowly teaching job and got gunned down by a bullying victim. The story is f-----ed on so many levels.

The parents of the shooter are gutted I'm sure, but they need to be held accountable as well for allowing yet another mentally unstable lunatic to swipe the dads pistol. Damn shame

13. TheSadPanda

TheSadPanda New Member

12. Years. Old. Let that sink in guys. Something is really really wrong here. (Beyond the obvious)

14. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Yeah it's the Fu#&ing parents in this country. There was a video I saw toay where this little girl had been throwing a fit for over an hour and the mother was recording the father standing infront of the older siblings taunting the child by copying her screams and making faces.
    90% of the parents that commented thought it was funny and good parenting.
    About 8% said a spanking was in order and the other 2% just wanted to comment that the father's actions were better than a spanking.
    Absolutely pathetic.
    Between the parenting (includes firearm storage) and the wussification we're all screwed.
    The only thing I can really see as an answer since the parenting and pussifying isn't going to change, is to get rid of gun free zones.
    Then maybe just the shooter would be dead and the poor parenting results would fall mainly on the shooters parents shoulders. I say mainly only because it would likely still have ruined that soldiers life.

15. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

It saddens me that this family has to live without this man. Kids lost a teacher. My prayers are with all the affected.
    It will anger me later that this will become political fodder in time.

16. StainlessSteel215

StainlessSteel215 New Member

It has already started again....and we all know the drivers in the anti gun agenda. Lets just hope the usual suspects on both sides of the aisle haven't lost their 2A integrity between the last media blitz and this tragedy.

That being said, the gross negligence of the parents sickens me. This boy had no reason to be anywhere near a loaded pistol. Lets not kid ourselves....they must be accountable for their actions

17. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

i cant help but think.. why are we blaming the parents? possible charges?. sure i understand they should have taught the boy better. they probly should have given him more attention and caring and understanding. but to state its the parents fault? the parents didnt steal the pistol. the parents didnt take it to school and shoot people.. and the gun sure as hell didnt walk itself there... full blame in my opinion is placed squarely on the kid shooter. sure the parents could of done a better job but they do not deserve charges. im sure they are sad about losing there son and the damage he caused.

18. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Kinda standing on both sides of the fence here buddy.
    I think the parents should be held just as much at fault as the child. I have no sympathy for them of the shooter. How many times does this have to happen before people learn to secure their Fu$*ing guns?
    And I don't wanna hear the "it's just a kid" sh!t anymore. At 12 years old he knew damn well what he was doing.
    It is premeditated murder. Period.
    He knew nobody else would have a gun.

19. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

what fence am i riding?

i blame the kid. he was the shooter.

sure the parents messed up but. if your kid fails a test is it his teachers fault for not teaching him or his for not studying? blame should be on the person who actually committed the crime.

yes the kid knew what he was doing.
    yes GFZs get people killed.

i was just stating i don't think the parents should face charges.

20. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I said I wanted the shooters name yesterday and you said to redirect my emotions.
    Perhaps I misunderstood your meaning.