Firearms Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, we had to put our beloved Mac "MacGuyver" to sleep. He was an American Quarter Horse who lived almost 31 years, over 22 years with us. His mortal body just wore out.

We bought this farm for him about 16 years ago, and Hawk for him to be a pasture pal.

Mac was our first pet - and make no mistake he was a pet...NOT "livestock". Not sure how Hawk will handle things with Mac no longer being around. My wife and I are devastated but know Mac is heading to a far better place, to join my Fi and our Scruffy: dogs that were a fixture here, joining us as family on our first night at the farm.

This is tough to write, but I wanted to give tribute to our Mac - a former police horse with the Charleston WV Mounted Police and our first love.

We have many thanks to give this weekend to God, for sharing him with us and entrusting us with Mac's care and love.

R.I.P., Mac. 'Till later when we'll be together again.

·
Supporting Member
11,805 Posts
RJF!
We are so sorry to hear about your loss of Mac. They all are part of our Family and it hurts to loose them. But as was said, you gave him a good home, a good life for years and he blessed you with his love and presence. Wish they could all live as long as we do!

Reactions: dango and RJF22553

·
Supporting Member
11,805 Posts
SRK
Looks like you have two Sweethearts in the picture.
But the Horse is going the wrong way!:p
Take care!

Reactions: dango and SRK97

·
Premium Member
4,810 Posts
Losing a pet is one of the tough things life does to us. I still get choked up thinking of my beloved Dixie and that's been two years.

If are pets aren't waiting for us in heaven I'm going to be awful sad.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
So sorry to hear, pets are actually a big part of our life’s journeys and breaks our hearts when they leave this earth. Rest easy knowing Mac is in a better place.

·
Administrator
34,189 Posts
I’m so sorry got your loss. Horses are wonderful animals.

Reactions: dango

·
Premium Member
11,844 Posts
Today, we had to put our beloved Mac "MacGuyver" to sleep. He was an American Quarter Horse who lived almost 31 years, over 22 years with us. His mortal body just wore out.

We bought this farm for him about 16 years ago, and Hawk for him to be a pasture pal.

Mac was our first pet - and make no mistake he was a pet...NOT "livestock". Not sure how Hawk will handle things with Mac no longer being around. My wife and I are devastated but know Mac is heading to a far better place, to join my Fi and our Scruffy: dogs that were a fixture here, joining us as family on our first night at the farm.

This is tough to write, but I wanted to give tribute to our Mac - a former police horse with the Charleston WV Mounted Police and our first love.

We have many thanks to give this weekend to God, for sharing him with us and entrusting us with Mac's care and love.

I am sorry for your loss. I know the pain of losing a family member, no matter how many legs that they have.

·
Registered
381 Posts

I'm sorry for your loss, I had to put down a horse that was in our family for 32 years. My sisters and I all rode that horse in shows and rodeo. They become part of the family.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Our vet once said "if I'm reincarnated as a horse or a dog, I want you as my owner!"
Day #1 post Mac: his pasture pal Hawk for the last 16 years is calming down a bit, but still looking for his Mac. Neighbor's shoot-fest this AM didn't help much, but Hawk is getting plenty of exercise! We have him on stuff called "Rescue Blend" - calming herbs - which seems to help. I've caught myself several times today calling him Mac.

Wife is taking this hard, but she and I deal with loss in different ways. Lots of weeping about...

·
Supporting Member
11,805 Posts
And my Son had to put his young year old German Shepard down this morning. He also is really tore up about it and we here all understand that.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
One of the many things to be thankful for is Mac's pasture-pal has calmed down...Still looks for him between munching clover and grass but is gradually accepting that Mac isn't coming back.

At least physically...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts