R.A.R.Guns Sidewinder Charging Handle

Discussion in 'Sponsor Display' started by RARGuns, Jan 25, 2011.

1. RARGuns

RARGuns New Member

Well we finally got the prototype and it rocks! I've put together a video for your viewing pleasure.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm_4h0FQpbo]YouTube - Sidewinder video.wmv[/ame]

We have added it to our online store but not the main site yet.

We are now accepting pre-production orders. Those who order and pay now will receive 10% discount and your choice of serial number or name engraved into the charging portion of the handle.

Here is a link to the product.

R.A.R. Guns Sidewinder Charging Handle

2. russ

russ New Member

Very cool Anthony! I like it.

3. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Damn!

[​IMG]

That is a very probable upgrade accessory Anthony! I do see some possible sling carry issues from that handle poking out though, that may need to be addressed. ;)

4. TheDaggle

TheDaggle New Member

Si, si, ese muy interesante. $175 is a little off-putting, though :(

5. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Very nifty product...

6. canebrake

canebrake New Member

And I thought my PRI M84 Gas Buster Charging Handle with the Combat Latch was expensive at $80. :eek:

7. RARGuns

RARGuns New Member

Yea, it's definitely a little pricey but we did the best we could on the price. We do really feel that this thing works great and is worth it. I wish we had the capitol to produce 50 or 100 thousand to lower the cost. You have no idea what the planning, design, blue print, auto cad and patent lawyer cost. It almost broke the bank. Believe me, if we could make it lower we would.

PS: this is way, way better the a Gas Buster. We will have a tactical use video next week.

8. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Does yours vent the blow-back away from the shooter's face?

And yes, I'm very aware of, "...the planning, design, blue print, auto cad and patent lawyer cost." [sic]

And, I thought billet meant "one-piece"??

Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
  9. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Nice idea and by the presentation in the video it sure seems to work very well. I did have one question/idea,

Where you have the 2 long parts connected - with hex bolts, could you not attach the swinging lever at that point, thus shortening the overall length/protrusion of the device?

Just a thought when I first looked at it. Good luck :)

10. russ

russ New Member

Cane, billet is just a marketing word. Anyplace it's used from firearms to automotive, it's got the connotation of meaning "machined from a single block" of whatever. Inside the machining industry, a billet is a chunk of material in the form is was wrought at the original foundry, typically a big block. It's basically virgin material before it's been rolled into bar or plate, or forged into some shape.

So, in this case, I'll assume that Anthony means it's "billet" because both pieces were machined from some larger pieces of aluminum. I don't see where he's incorrect calling it billet.

11. mach1337

mach1337 New Member

Question can it be mounted for southpaw's? i have a buddy that would love this but hes backwards from most of the world!

12. USEBOTHHANDS

USEBOTHHANDS New Member

why doesn't it torq the part of the handle that is cut out to ride over/around the gas key? looks to me like it would bend (torq) it all outta whack!

13. RARGuns

RARGuns New Member

It's been cycled over 1000 times so far and we haven't seen any problems. We are taking it out for field testing today. We will post some video later.

South paw won't work unless it's on a lefty upper. It would cost too much to build since there are not that many lefty uppers out there.

We doubled the original order to get the price down. It's now $124.00

See above. LOL

I've honestly never had that happen to me but this is built very similar to a BCM on the charging rod part.

When I was a machinist, billet meant milled, not stamped, molded, forged or extruded.

We extended the handle forward to make more like a true side charger. It makes easier to charge while in the prone position and when keeping the sights on target while charging.

We will be adding a tab to the right side to accommodate of hand charging.