quite a surprise...

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by UrbanNinja, Dec 28, 2011.

1. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

Camden, Nj is well known for its violence. This is a surprising turnout for them.
    'Goods for Guns' makes history in Camden http://lsnlw.com/t/3670156310/

2. trip286

trip286 New Member

From Article "I'm not a real gun person. I had them and I want to get rid of them, before somebody might break into the house, take them and use them for the wrong purpose," Pollock said."

To each his own, that's why gun ownership should be a choice, pro or anti.

From article "At the end of the day, 57 firearms were turned in; there were 35 handguns and 22 rifles and shotguns.
    Unfortunately, none of the assault type weapons often used in the carnage on the streets found their way into the pile."

I bet they'd be surprised.

3. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

What a crock. Assault weapons used on the streets?

"Good teenagers" who can't handle the presence of their father's shotgun?

4. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

Granted that most of the firearms turned in were from law abiding citizens, that is still a good amount of weapons removed from one of the most horrific cities in the U.S. its just a shame that those turning them in, do not realize how much safer they'd be to have them in Camden.

5. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I would guess that any stolen weapons will not be returned to their rightful owners. It would be interesting if someone that had a gun stolen and attended the turn in to watch for it. The city officials could then be charged with receiving a stolen firearm.

6. trip286

trip286 New Member

Yes, they were essentially buying them. But we all know the law only applies to us serfs.

7. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

If you look at the article it does not take a genius to know this is basically an anti-gun stance motivated program and an around the corner attack on our Second Amendment Rights. And those who want to cater to the sound of the liberal anti-gun crowd using the Term "Assault Rifle" when they are speaking of an AR Rifle which little or will ever be used to assault anyone! I speak of them as an AR or now that they are getting real popular as a hunting rifle also, could we not refer to them as an AR Sporting Rifle! Every time Assault Rifle is used in my opinion, it is just reinforcing the ant-gun lobbies agenda and pound another nail in to our pro gun cause. Even if you personally think that is what the are why say that term and contribute to the enemies of our Second Amendment. If you think back regarding us sportsmen you hardly never heard of the word until Brady! Then that was the term they coined and plastered all over the papers and the news in an attempt to make people thing they were just a terrible weapon and like the AR-15s on the street were autos just like the military had.
    The second issue I have. Do they really think the criminals and gang bangers are going to walk in and give up their prized 9mm Semi Auto for a can of Tuna or a pack of hot dogs or a little cash? "NOT" Are not these cities and government entities possibly violating State and Federal Law when they allow the transfer of a weapon to a governmental unit without any accountability or check on who brought it in? Quote "No Questions Asked" Are any of the weapons stolen? And if so they are letting a criminal get by with a possible crime of burglary, theft or even murder. What a better way to get shed of a hot piece! Think about it! And Hopefully they are getting IDs which I doubt. I think if they are going to continue with these programs, they should be require while the person is present who brought the firearm is at a table. Have Law Enforcement run the serial number of each weapon through NCIC. Then give them their Tuna, money or whatever! What they are doing is just criminal in my book. "NO Questions Asked" Could have been yours or one of my weapons that could have been stolen?
    What is your take on these programs?

8. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

They have wanted to run some of those programs here in VA. The VA State Police advised the groups if they did, there would be a representative of the VSP there, and the serial numbers of any guns turned over to them would be run thru NCIC. Any guns listed as stolen would be taken into custody, and returned to the lawful owners.

The silence was deafening. (Of their reply, that is)

9. buckhuntr

buckhuntr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Good for the VSP!
    As for New Jersey, I wish the whole frickin' state would just fall into the Atlantic, so I wouldn't have to deal with them anymore. (corporate taxes is my beef):mad:

10. MidnightExpress

MidnightExpress New Member

You should get used to it, it's not going anywhere as it's been called an assault rife since the 60's (civilian version). A liberal anti-anti-gun hate speech every time it's mentioned won't change the nickname or reputation these guns carry. The simple fact they're a watered down, civilian version of the military assault rifle isn't helping either. And let's not forget the a**hats who buy them just so they can say "I own an assault rifle." They just keep fueling the flames. Doesn't matter if it's ever used to assault some one or not, a chainsaw is still a chainsaw even if it sits in a garage and is never used.

The Goods for Guns people know the chances of a criminal actually turning his murder weapon over is slim to none. My guess would be they're hoping a friend or relative will swipe it and turn it in. Of course that just forces said criminal to procure another one after he beats his wife, girlfriend, "partner", room mate etc. And instead of reducing the crime rate it actually increases it with another illegally obtained gun and some domestic violence.

11. trip286

trip286 New Member

What I want to know is this, how many "assault" weapons are used in the commission of crimes?

I'm sure the stats are out there, someone link it up please (damn facebook keeps the wife on the computer)

I mean really, I want to know, just how often does a gang banger hold up his corner liquor store with an AR, a rifle style that runs close to a thousand dollars in many cases?

They are more likely to use something like a hi point, bryco, JA, or cobray. Maybe a sawn off shotty if they want to use a long gun. I really don't think AR's, or "assault" rifles/weapons are the ones to blame.

I know many here feel the same way. That's part of what makes the anti crowd so stupid. The only time I've even heard of one being used in a crime was in the movies or an action tv series.

12. trip286

trip286 New Member

I take that back, there was that bank robbery in kalifornia a number of years ago, but those were illegal weapons to begin with.

13. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

I think that is an extremely rare case. Plus, weren't those rifle actuall (full auto) assault weapons anyway or am I thinking of something else? I have seen a lot of robbery videos, and very rarely see a robber use an ar-15 or any other weapon that could be classified as an assult weapon. It is almost always a pistol or a shotgun. More often than that, its either a bat or a knife.

14. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

Justice is spelled wrong..it really means, "just us"

15. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

I believe when they refer to "assault rifle", they are referring more towards AK47,SKS... unfortunately those are pretty common (illegally) around here. You hear about them every day on the news in this area.

16. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Dis be fly fool

Next time we be fittin to off some peeps, we do it jus before the dumb a$$e$ offer hundy gift cards for disposing of our evidence!

Yo smack homie, we be Luvin our electated orfices.

17. MidnightExpress

MidnightExpress New Member

Yo, here be some old azz 411 from back in da day bra. God I hate that phrase, "back in :mad: the day." And the "word" bra makes me want to skin someones face and dunk their head in sink full of battery acid. (Because castration just wouldn't be enough)

From the 90's and the numbers are loooww. Wonder why the NRA and other gun rights defenders don't publish stuff like this in bulk to the idiots who know nothing about firearms. (AKA anti-gunners)
    The Use of "Assault Weapons" in Crime

Fact: Criminals use "Assault Weapons" in less than 1% of All Gun Crimes | LearnAboutGuns.com*

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZrFH9mfNIk&feature=endscreen&NR=1]Stress Relief - YouTube[/ame]

18. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

I couldn't find a source but I read something not to long ago that said their were two used in all of the US in crimes over that year.

The issue as I see it, the majority of guns that are used in crimes are stolen, good luck getting an AR or AK from one of their owners!

19. trip286

trip286 New Member

Just as I suspected. Its all BS. Just like gun banning in general, "assault weapon" banning does absolutely nothing to address the real problem, which I consider to be our broken legal system.

Criminals will actually continue to commit crimes until they are actually punished for those crimes.

20. MobileMarine

MobileMarine New Member

I cant bear to read about these things . It just butt phucks my whole day thinking about it .