Quit smoking?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by StainlessSteel215, Feb 15, 2013.

1. StainlessSteel215

StainlessSteel215 New Member

I am going on about 3 years of quitting cigs. Cheated maybe 3-4 times since then (mostly when drunk at weddings, etc)

Anyways....thought this could steer some folks into making the best decision of their lives:

[​IMG]

2. luckey37

luckey37 New Member

Congrats stainless on the 3 years. I hit 4 back in November. I quit both smoke and smokeless. The on thing your picture didn't have was the increased amount of money for guns and ammo!!!

3. trip286

trip286 New Member

I'm going on a few months right now. I did cheat with a cigarillo when I broke Cinder's gun. I was upset that I broke my baby's baby. But I got her and Sue some peanut butter and chocolate ice cream too....

4. StainlessSteel215

GENIUS!

Thanks guys and congrats to you too - feels good being free from that poison

5. vincent

vincent New Member

I ain't no quitter!!! :D

Seriously though, congrats to all...it can't be easy...:(

6. shadecorp

shadecorp Active Member Supporter

Great.
    Quit cigs. 9/60.

7. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

One year... 16th of next month. I'm looking forward to my life insurance rates dropping.

That's no joke.

$5.50 per pack (last time I looked) x 15 packs per month = $82.50 (+/-) per month to spend elsewhere. Not huge money, but it adds up.
    4+ lbs of Unique or Bullseye purchased locally
    4+ bulk packs of .22 ammo (if you can find any)
    1000 +/- cast bullets.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  8. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

It seems you are not going to get out here alive regardless. Eating fast food 3 times a week carries an 80% risk of heart attack and stroke. This about the same as smoking.
    So who is going to get you? Ronald McDonald or Joe Camel?

Attached Files:

9. StainlessSteel215

How about not sucking down poisonous smoke AND managing eating healthy? Hmmmmmm....Thats a novel idea.

It sure aint rocket science. Some folks go out looking for reason to justify their poor lifestyles. Me, I wanna live long enough to see both my daughters get married and go far in life. My love for McD's cheeseburgers aint worth it. As we all know that **** will KILL You quick!

10. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

Ronald McDonald? Not a problem.

Carls Jr. on the other hand... :D Could be trouble.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2013
  11. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

June 29, 2004, my 2nd birthdate! Celebrate it with a cake/cocktails every year!! Here is my secret: I still get a slight craving every now and then, when I do, I repeat over & over, silently (sometimes aloud) "Cigarettes are cat turds, cigarettes are cat turds" . . . as long as needed til craving passes. It usually passes reeeeeaaaaaallllllllll quick!!

The thought of actually puttin a cat turd in my mouth grosses me the f**k out!! Then I realize that it may be healthier to suck on a cat turd than a lit cigarette!

My apologies to all the smokers that enjoy (like I used to) and want to continue smokin'.

12. StainlessSteel215

Thats too funny! From hence forward, my cravings for a pull off a cig will now be known as 'puffing cat turds'. And as the man in charge of scooping my cat's turds every morning let me tell ya it's a ****ty job!

13. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Healthier yeah but wudn't it taste like shet :confused:
    :D
    I mite quit next year :rolleyes:

14. hmh

hmh New Member

I have been quit for around a year. I still want one every day.

15. undumb

undumb New Member

I quit 2 years ago, after 26 years of those nasty little effers!

16. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

40 years ago this month I quit. I had the urge for about 5-7 years, but it gets easier to ignore. Try changing what you are doing, that helped me. It is worth the effort.

Good luck.

17. shouldazagged

shouldazagged New Member

Quit 21 years ago, cold turkey, after 40 years of smoking two and a half to three packs a day. I was really uncomfortable for about a month, and then it was gone. No cravings since.

It was too late--I have severe emphysema, bronchial asthma, chronic bronchitis and bronchiectasis. BUT QUITTING WAS STILL ONE OF THE BEST THINGS I EVER DID FOR MYSELF. It's right up there with quitting drinking (which made me break out in these strange places---Birmingham, Cleveland...), adopting two fantastic kids who are now 48 and 46, and marrying my final wife. Oh, and allowing myself to be adopted by my little rescue dog.

Today when I'm around a buddy of mine who smokes the hell out of unfiltered Camels I think, "My God, that's how I smelled for forty years!"

I'll pass the "cat turds" line along to some friends who want to quit. That's great!

18. sdiver35

sdiver35 New Member

Congrats guys!!! I've been off the stick for about 3 years, and my wife has been off for about 9 months. It sure does feel better and absolutely more cash for other interests!!

You can do it!

19. gr8oldguy

gr8oldguy New Member

I celebrated 6 years of not smoking on 2/12/2013. I went cold turkey...no patches, no pills, no gum, no nothing. It is not an easy thing to do. I had the distinct feeling that I was losing my best friend. A companion that went with me every where. My buddy in the car, my friend to console me when I got upset or mad. I would dream about smoking and wake up in the morning tasting tobacco. All of this last about 18 months to 2 years. It wasn't until my 3rd year that all of the dependency habits were really gone. I did gain weight, because I didn't have my little buddy telling me that mealtime was over. I have since lost the 30 pounds I gained and am back to my normal weight. Quitting is hard, it is a true addiction in all aspects. Anyone really serious about quitting, I wish them nothing but luck and God speed in thier efforts. If you can join a support group (which I didn't do) it might help more than just going it alone.

20. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

If the health part doesn't move you, let's try this! I used to smoke 1 1/2 packs/day. Marlboro, premium price cigs. Today they cost ~ $5/pack. $5 x 1.5=$7.50x365=$2,737.50 every year!!!!! How much ammo/guns/preps/vacation/gifts/etc. does that buy you & yours? Think about it!