Quien puede ayudar a identificar este revolver

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by zukunff, Jul 20, 2012.

1. zukunff

zukunff New Member

Es muy importante para mi clasificar este revolver, soy coleccionista y estoy muy confundido coin el modelo de las fotos pertenece a un film de 1953: titulo: JACK SLADE

Attached Files:

2. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

I believe the question is what type pistol is this? I have no clue.

3. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

It is very important for my classify this revolver, am collector and am very confused coin photos model belongs to a 1953 film: title: JACK SLADE

Can't we Google the movie title and maybe it we can find out what kind of gun was used in that movie?
    Never mind. I tried it and didn't find anything.

4. treehugger49

treehugger49 New Member

Here's all I could come up with from a website called "Movie Mistakes."

http://www.moviemistakes.com/main7097

"Jack Slade mistakes
    Factual error: After they bury Jack's father, the stage driver hands Jack what he refers to as a "Navy" Colt. However, in 1841, the only colt handguns were a handful of Paterson revolvers, usually carried by Texas Rangers, and in fact, the revolver handed to the boy was a cartridge weapon.
    Factual error: As a boy in 1841, Jack and his father take passage on an Overland Stage Company coach. However, this company wasn't in existence until the late 1850's."

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

From the poor movie poster it could be a colt navy or colt paterson. Most likely from one of the actual photos none of which are good enough to really see it was a modern revolver with parts welded on to look like a colt navy.

According to the story the father gave the son(slade) a colt navy .36 caliber revolver. What the movie people actually used was a prop made to loosly resemble one.

6. Bob Wright

Bob Wright Member

From the rather poor poster illustrations, my guess would be that the gun is a Colt Single Action Army, modified to look like a Remington cap-and-ball revolver.

Years ago antique dealer Robert Abels had some studio prop guns that had been modified. The most numerous were Colt New Service or S&W Hand Ejector models fitted with fancy grips and fake ejector rod housings.

Bob Wright

7. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Parece un colt única acción para mí

8. TimL2952

TimL2952 New Member

es simplemente un revolver falso. Parece que ser un Colt Navy o Colt Peacemaker con piezas adicionales que han sido soldadas a la arma....

lo siento si mi gramatica no es correcto...

9. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

De acuerdo, mismo tipo que se utilizó en cientos de películas del viejos oeste-

10. TimL2952

TimL2952 New Member

ah! un otro miembro que puede hablar espanol! jaja.

he tomado clases hace ocho anos

11. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Muy poco estos días :eek:
    Been a long time & never was much good - Had to cheat on bout half of what i said :D

12. Bob Wright

Bob Wright Member

un mesa para dos, por favor!

Bob Wright

13. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

LOL- We give it hell tho :p