Firearms Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Es muy importante para mi clasificar este revolver, soy coleccionista y estoy muy confundido coin el modelo de las fotos pertenece a un film de 1953: titulo: JACK SLADE

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,106 Posts
I believe the question is what type pistol is this? I have no clue.

·
Administrator
34,285 Posts
It is very important for my classify this revolver, am collector and am very confused coin photos model belongs to a 1953 film: title: JACK SLADE

Can't we Google the movie title and maybe it we can find out what kind of gun was used in that movie?
Never mind. I tried it and didn't find anything.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Here's all I could come up with from a website called "Movie Mistakes."

http://www.moviemistakes.com/main7097

"Jack Slade mistakes
Factual error: After they bury Jack's father, the stage driver hands Jack what he refers to as a "Navy" Colt. However, in 1841, the only colt handguns were a handful of Paterson revolvers, usually carried by Texas Rangers, and in fact, the revolver handed to the boy was a cartridge weapon.
Factual error: As a boy in 1841, Jack and his father take passage on an Overland Stage Company coach. However, this company wasn't in existence until the late 1850's."

·
Premium Member
20,098 Posts
From the poor movie poster it could be a colt navy or colt paterson. Most likely from one of the actual photos none of which are good enough to really see it was a modern revolver with parts welded on to look like a colt navy.

According to the story the father gave the son(slade) a colt navy .36 caliber revolver. What the movie people actually used was a prop made to loosly resemble one.

·
Registered
888 Posts
From the rather poor poster illustrations, my guess would be that the gun is a Colt Single Action Army, modified to look like a Remington cap-and-ball revolver.

Years ago antique dealer Robert Abels had some studio prop guns that had been modified. The most numerous were Colt New Service or S&W Hand Ejector models fitted with fancy grips and fake ejector rod housings.

Bob Wright

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Es muy importante para mi clasificar este revolver, soy coleccionista y estoy muy confundido coin el modelo de las fotos pertenece a un film de 1953: titulo: JACK SLADE
es simplemente un revolver falso. Parece que ser un Colt Navy o Colt Peacemaker con piezas adicionales que han sido soldadas a la arma....

lo siento si mi gramatica no es correcto...

·
Registered
6,928 Posts
es simplemente un revolver falso. Parece que ser un Colt Navy o Colt Peacemaker con piezas adicionales que han sido soldadas a la arma....

lo siento si mi gramatica no es correcto...
De acuerdo, mismo tipo que se utilizó en cientos de películas del viejos oeste-

1 - 13 of 13 Posts