Quickie Bunker

Discussion in 'Survival & Sustenance Living Forum' started by 2hot2handle, Aug 9, 2011.

1. 2hot2handle

2hot2handle New Member

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBHVKFCoYFc]‪Concrete Canvas Shelters '09‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Pretty cool if you ask me. What do you all think of it for SHTF scenario?

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

It's a great idea and covering it with earth would be the way to go. However, I don't care for the ten year life expectancy. I'm sure it's not cheap and so it would be a costly temporary shelter.

3. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

I agree. I liked it till the 10 year part.

4. 2hot2handle

2hot2handle New Member

After doing some nosing around there are evidently ones that last up to 25 years. What would that do to your interest in it?

I believe the cost for that unit in the video is in the ballpark of $30,000 idk what the 25 year ones run.

5. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

That's a pot full of money. Aside from the ease of construction, it would be more cost effective to either pour a building or maybe use tilt up panels or concrete prefab of some sort.

6. armoredman

armoredman Active Member

The only value would be to governments needing fast durable hardened short term shelters...on the other hand, if we'd used these for Katrina survivors, there would be no need to evict, just wait until their "house" crumbled.
    If these would last for a lifetime, they'd be a great option.

7. wmille01

wmille01 New Member

I like it, do they have one that comes with a bar?