Quickest.Draw.Ever! Has anyone beat this guy's record yet?

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting' started by gundaddytactical, Mar 19, 2014.

1. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Well..... Bob passed away in 2012. When the digital timer was perfected, they reset the records, since the analog timers were not as accurate. And there was some controversy over just WHO held WHICH record, and there was a lack of documentation of some records.

But without a doubt- Bob was faster than most, if not all. He could fire multiple shots from a single action revolver faster than the cycling time of a semi-auto pistol.

2. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

No sir! No one has ever beat his record and may never happen. Unfortunately Bob died in 2012 as stated by C-3. The other fast shooter today is Jerry Michlik who is pretty phenomenal. Saw him compete with a semi auto AR Rifle against a full auto AK-47 rifle. And you could not tell the difference between Jerry's last shot with the semi-auto AR and the guy shooting the full auto AK. He is not a fast draw artist but very fast and accurate with the handgun as well.
    All I can say is WOW!

3. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

Does anybody remember Thell Reed?

4. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

and one of my favorites of many, many years ago, when i read about him and his shooting skills in my father's Merican Rifleman magazines, Ed McGivern of Montana. he was extremely fast and accurate.

5. BVAL

BVAL New Member

Can't remember her name, but Bob's wife was almost as fast as he was when it came to draw n fire.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

6. Barry3

Barry3 New Member

Honestly, how many draws would it take to become that fast? I'm sure years upon years of practice. Some of these quick draw guys are blazing fast!

7. Glockmaniac

Glockmaniac New Member

haha...so lightning fast it's almost ridiculous. an entire life of practice in one single draw. truely amazing.

8. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Athletic skill is something you are born with. Practice will make perfect. We all can learn perfect technique and form. But you had to have a little help before birth just to squeeze a trigger that fast, much less hit an aspirin tablet every time.

9. Shoobee

Shoobee New Member

For the rest of us, 1/2 second is a good realistic goal.

10. Axxe55

i could have sworn you said that 5 shots in 8 seconds was fast.

11. Shoobee

Shoobee New Member

12. Axxe55

i thought you might care to enlighten us with a clarification of your previous post.

13. yazul42

yazul42 Active Member Lifetime Supporter

rjd,,, I believe Thell Reed still works for the movie industry training actors in firearms use for movies and TV.

14. seancslaughter

seancslaughter New Member

If he does he is doing a terrible job

Attached Files:

15. yazul42

yazul42 Active Member Lifetime Supporter

As I recall, the last picture I knew Reed worked on was 3:10 to Yuma,, I do knot know if he works on military movies.