Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing fancy here, just short and to the point shooting action, this time featuring the Lee-Enfield. This particular model is a No. 4 Mk1* made right here in the good old USoA for the British, during WWII, by the Savage Corporation. By far, the Lee-Enfield was, in my opinion, the finest bolt action rifle issued as a main battle rifle during WWII. The bolt's smooth and very fast action, the high capacity magazine, the excellent trigger and the superb sights put the Lee-Enfield in a league of its own.

Here's the video:[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkl2BIkyfrw[/ame]

For other Quick Shot videos, go here:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjAcq7A-98ixVd4iFY6bCbgHQEWMs3c12

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
My favorites are still the 1903 followed by Arisakas...

Ive been thinking of getting rid of my No.1 and try to get a P14 (or a M1917 ;) ) I just really prefer the Mauser design....

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
Ok I am new to rifles so I will ask, what is it?
wikipedia will give you a good run down. Models, history, etc.

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
So, when can we expect a video on the Arisaka? I think thats the only main battle rifle I havent seen you do a video on yet... :)

·
Premium Member
22,674 Posts
You mean like this ? This is my 2A...............
Yep.:p

I looked at the other pic again, and the magazine gave it away. I hadn't paid attention to the magazine before.

·
Registered
7,456 Posts
Found this No4 with no wood at all & the bayonet lug chopped off at a yard sale for 20 bucks.............

Attachments

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
303tom said:
Found this No4 with no wood at all & the bayonet lug chopped off at a yard sale for 20 bucks.............
What a nice outcome.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I bought a #4savage at a gun shop a few years back. Condition was new as it was held in reserve in Ireland till released as surplus. This rifle was the biggest piece of junk ever. I'm sure others made were better but, this one would get closer to hitting the target by throwing it.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for sharing the pics of your interesting Enfields.

Love the $30 garage special one.

·
Registered
798 Posts
My very first gun bought as a Christmas present when I was 13. Mom and Dad paid $37 at Sears. Was origionally sporterized by Golden State Arms. I couldnt hit the broad side of a barn from inside. I later replaced the origional cut down stock with the fagen and made the scope mount from a piece of angle iron and a one piece Weaver base (pretty ugly but it works). It now shoots a 1.5 MOA group and is my favorite rifle to shoot.
Mod Santa Fe,Golden State Arms 303 Brit.jpg
A #4 mk 1 Savage I picked up at an estate sale. Looks like it has been refinished.
Mod #4Mk1 Savage 303 Brit..jpg

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts