Quick question

Discussion in 'NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion' started by nastyogre, Jan 10, 2013.

1. nastyogre

nastyogre New Member

I've been drooling over videos of the AA-12 shotgun on you tube and I'm wondering how much they cost to get legally? Any info would be great. :)

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

As it is full auto, I don't think you can obtain it legally.
    Check NFA weapons.

3. nastyogre

nastyogre New Member

Why is that? I can buy other NFA weapons like suppressors and full autos legally. Just because its a shotgun?

4. trip286

trip286 New Member

I don't think there were any built at all before the restriction. You're probably just gonna have to keep drooling. :(

5. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Mid 80's Regan signed a bill preventing the legal registration of any more automatic weapons. Those already registered were still legal...with the right paperwork...but nothing new can be added to the list and the AA12 did not exist so I do not think it's possible to legally obtain one.

On the up side, if the Ass Hat in Chief gets his way and bans guns...the black market will explode so you should be able to find your AA12 for sale in the nearest dark alley...;)

Tack

6. nastyogre

nastyogre New Member

So it's a military only weapon then? Bummer

7. 1911love

1911love New Member

They should be able to easily make a semi auto only version. Considering the demand, this would be a smart business decision.

8. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Yes, purchased with your tax dollars. They can have one. You cannot. :(

9. Chase127

Chase127 New Member

Gentlemen have no fear www.cheaperthandirt.com has a semi auto ar- style 12 gauge.also you can obtain an AK-style 12,20,or 410 from redjacket in lousiana

10. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Hahaha

He said "Red Jacket" teehehe!

11. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

and Cheaper Than Dirt! tehetehe!:D

12. JonM

JonM Moderator

Get a saiga12 its a better gun than the aa12 anyway.

If you can find one...

13. therukh

therukh New Member

If you really want one, become a Title 2 dealer and get one as a dealer sample. $500 per year for the license but if you really want it, so what?

14. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

They are insanely expensive to produce, even a semi auto version would cost upwards of $5000

Also, even if you are a dealer, you have to have written approval from a police department stating that they are interested in one, even if they do, it's still not yours...

Last edited: Feb 10, 2013