quick question

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Subcomp9, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Subcomp9

Subcomp9 New Member

Is there any special thing you have to do to obtain a class 3 weapons perment

2. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

3. Subcomp9

Subcomp9 New Member

Lol ****in auto correct

4. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Look who's correctin sumone elses spellin :p
    Trust me- you're much better off checkin goverment .org web sights for the quick accurate up to date answers to questions of this type-

5. KeysKelly

KeysKelly New Member

The way the laws change I'd go straight to a Class 3 Dealer.

To the best of my knowledge there is nothing special other than the same clean record you need for a regular gun. Then it is a ton of paperwork and a long waiting period. The permit is for the actual Class 3 item (Full Auto, Surpressor etc.) so you have to reapply for each item. I was told you are better off to form a LLC or Trust. That way you can leave the weapon to someone when you pass. Otherwise, from the way I understand it, the government can take it upon your death.

That is just the way I understand it but I could be wrong. I would start by checking with a Class 3 Dealer because their advice is free. Then seek the help of an Attorney when applying and doing the paperwork.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
  6. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

If you are looking to acquire a full auto, suppressor, short barreled rifle, short barreled shotgun, etc- you do not get a Class III permit.

First, see that you STATE does not have a law prohibiting what you want.

Next, be 21, and not prohibited from owning an ordinary firearm.

The transfer of the item to you must be thru a DEALER that holds the correct license. You apply to the BATFE for approval of the transfer- papers, prints, approval of local Chief LEO, and payment of the transfer tax (usually $200)

When the transfer is approved, you can pick it up from your dealer. Which is a good place to start- a dealer can guide you in the process. IF the firearm is transferred to, and owned by a qualified legal trust, you can skid the fingerprints and Chief LEO approval.

Oh- and have a heavy duty checkbook. If you are looking for a LEGAL, TRANSFERABLE full auto, expect to start North of $10,000.

7. Subcomp9

Subcomp9 New Member

C3 killed it again

8. KeysKelly

KeysKelly New Member

Full Auto's are a lot of fun but a rich man's toy.