quick question on old 22

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by ANAKINANAYA, Dec 13, 2012.

1. ANAKINANAYA

ANAKINANAYA New Member

my uncle was cleaning out his garage and he found an old 22 rifle it has some rust and the stock needs to be redone. I then noticed the make is nobel model is 20 h it says it will take 22 short and 22 lr . now my question is this rifle a good rifle or is it a pos. It is a single shot bolt. I cleaned it and fired it and it is very accurate. Just need some background info on the rifle make and model.

2. Mongo

Mongo Active Member Supporter

Nobel

The Model 20 is listed in the Numrich catalog.

3. ANAKINANAYA

ANAKINANAYA New Member

4. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

If it is very accurate, its a good gun, imo.

5. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

Just fix the stock, and all the other things that need to be fixed, and yes then its a good rifle. IMO it's a good rifle now for what primer said.

6. mrt8110

mrt8110 New Member

Noble .22 rifle

If it is accurate it is a good rifle,fix her up and have fun. Single shot is a good rifle for kids to learn on!:) Cliff

7. Jeff56

Jeff56 New Member

I have a single shot rifle from the 1950's made by Stevens / Savage. It's as accurate as any rifle I own. My brother hunted with that rifle for probably 12 years and killed hundreds of squirrels with it. I'd say it was a very good rifle. Single shot rifles will often last a very long time because some of them have very few moving parts.