Quick money order question

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by XxWINxX94, Jan 1, 2011.

1. XxWINxX94

XxWINxX94 New Member

Hello everyone,

I am trying to sell a rifle and have a buyer lined up. He plans to pay me with a money order. Does he send the money order to ME (the seller) or my FFL dealer?

It is a perfectly legal FFL transaction. And I also know that as soon as the money order clears at the post office, I can ship the rifle.

So, When using a money order, does the buyer send it directly to the seller (ME) or the FFL dealer shipping the gun?

Thanks!

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I don't know where you live, bit in Californy the money goes to the seller. I would imagine it's the same everywhere, but don't take my word for it. I prefer payment in the form of a Postal money order when I sell something online unless it's someone I know.

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

If you are selling a rifle, you must ship TO a FFL when crossing a state line. You do not have to ship FROM a FFL.

Buyer sends you a postal MO. Take it to the PO, cash it, then send him the rifle. You CAN send a rifle by US mail, or by UPS/ Fed Ex. Ship TO the address on the FFL you get from the buyer.

4. jca1

jca1 New Member

Yes, MO comes to you and you clear it before you ship the rifle. That's how I do it.