Questions

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by SmithKid308, Mar 20, 2012.

1. SmithKid308

SmithKid308 New Member

I'm relatively new to hunting and just got an SKS and was wondering if I could use it to hunt Coyotes ?

2. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

It will do fine on coyotes.

3. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

It's a .30 cal round so it will do grate for a number of things.

4. 7mmstw

7mmstw New Member

Hope you don't plan on accurately shooting past 100-150 yards and hitting a coyote first time every time.

5. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Your best option for coyote hunting would be to get a DIFFERENT gun. Say a marlin x7vh in 308 or 22-250. Marlin x7s in 243 would work well also cuz you can yote hunt w it and deer hunt.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

6. SmithKid308

SmithKid308 New Member

That's why there are good scopes haha and I can hit a target at 150 yards accurately with my m44 mosin nagant every time but I do know from experience that it's another story for the real animals

7. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

Of corse the clabbers he mentioned would be better. Im just saying it will kill it just as good after all it was used to hunt people. Not my first choice to hunt with tho.

8. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Are you call Marlins clabbers?

9. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

Negative. I was calling 308 22-250 and 243 clabbers marlin is a brand. You know what I ment

10. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

No i do not. Why are them calibers "clabbers"?

11. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

Do you sit on the Internet all day and wait on someone to make a mistake so you can fill smarter. I'm sorry that I have ben working all day and am getting a little tired. And if you honestly thank someone thanks a marlin is a caliber than you shouldn't be on hear. Good day to you.

12. pagj17

pagj17 New Member

I don't think he was trying to be rude or anything. He was confused and wished to clarify. Heck I thought you had a nickname for calibers or something:)

Also, OP, scope mounts on SKSs tend to be "dust cover" mounted,tending to be a little loose on the gun. If you want to scope a gun, I would suggest a bolt gun or something such as an AR.

13. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Thank you padj. I have never heard a calibres called clabbers

14. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

Lol sorry maybe I was an *** but I've noticed that a lot. People git on hear and wait for someone to slip and try to make them fill like a retard for it. I don't mind being corrected as long as it is done in a proper manner. I'm not on this sight bc I know everything. And if I say something that is not correct plz tell me so I don't screw something up.

15. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Its alright mon ami. It happens and yes there is them people on here. I was just askin bc i was confused and i only know how to be direct in what i say....blunt to be precise. Sorry if that bothers/offends you mon ami.

16. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

It don't I'm just 1/2 asleep. And after I looked at how I spelled that I about confused myself.

17. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Ok mon ami and ya thats tired;)

18. 7mmstw

7mmstw New Member

He wasn't asking about a mosin. An Sks is even less accurate then one of those and a less powerful caliber.

19. werger_9

werger_9 New Member

.270 savage will do the trick at any distance (with respect)

20. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

I hunted with a scoped sks for a while. I came to the conclusion that an sks can do everything that a 30-30 can do.