Firearms Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a ffl. I am looking to move into a building and out of my home. I have submitted the required form for the change of license address. The question I have is my building is 1350 feet away from a elementary school. Also I have a daycare next door. Now I am not in city limits but covered by county. The zoning board says that there is no issue with that that reatil is retail. Can someone explain the school zone law.? Cause how i read it is that you can be within the 1000 feet just the guns leaving the store have to be unloaded and locked in a case. ? How is the ATF gonna look at this.

·
Premium Member
12,117 Posts
I reposted in proper category. Please feel free to close post.
It may well depend on your state. Where I live, it would not be an issue. Firearms in homes, cars, or businesses are not subject to the distance limitations. Also, the 1000 foot (Florida) rule does not apply to CCW holders, although CCW holders still can not carry on school property.

Your best bet is to go to your state's website and read the statutes. If you are unsure of the meaning of the legal language, consult an attorney that is familiar with your state's gun laws. (not all attorneys are)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.