Questions & Answers Thread for the Podcast!!

Discussion in 'Firearms in the Media' started by DrFootball, Jun 1, 2014.

1. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

This is where you would ask Questions you want answered on the Podcasts' new "Mailbag" segment. Please direct your Question to whichever of the Hosts you prefer, or all of us,..and we will do our best to answer your question.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

great idea! seems like a way for members of the forum to get involved somewhat with the podcasts.

3. DrFootball

Thanks. That's for Anyone who'd like a Question asked and answered on the show.

4. Axxe55

looking forward to try and stump the experts on the podcast!:p

JK!:D

5. DrFootball

TekGreg and Vikingdad know a whole lot more then I do, for sure!!! Not that I'm ignorant either, but I don't claim to be a genius on "Everything",...

6. G30USMC

G30USMC Active Member Supporter

Thread made a sticky

7. DrFootball

outstanding!

8. Axxe55

we talked a bit about this in the past few months, and i think what would make a good subject for a podcast is getting a perspective about guns from a woman's point of view. getting some of the female members of the forum to participate, maybe even some woman celebrity shooters as well.

their views on SD, the sport of shooting and any other issues that confront women in an area and sport that mostly for many years has been dominated by men. one i think that would be perfect would be Winds, given her background of not being around gun for the most part and still in some ways, still new to guns.

personally, i like that women are getting more involved in guns and the shooting sports. i like the fact that women are getting armed and depending on themselves to defend themselves and not becoming victims.

9. DrFootball

I agree, and we HAVE been trying to get that show together, but I think we have someone From NSSF ( a lady ) who will join us this week,...( I think)....

10. fa35jsf

fa35jsf New Member

FTF has a podcast?????????

11. G30USMC

Yes it does, you can follow this link on the browser.... http://www.firearmstalk.com/podcast_options.php

Or, if you have a iPhone, you can download it through iTunes "podcasts" and search for FirearmsTalk

12. DrFootball

We're probably going to also set up polls here..

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
  13. G30USMC

Any questions for out host(s)?

14. lightning

lightning New Member

Here's a round table question:

If you could choose any gun in history to own/shoot/put in a collection, what would it be and why?

I hope this is the kind of question you're looking for.

Keep up the good work!

15. DrFootball

Outstanding! we're answering all shooting related question areas! this is Great,..We will post our answers here after we record the show tomorrow,...and it's posted. And Yes, we will read the Question and our answers on Air as well.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
  16. fa35jsf

fa35jsf New Member

I have one about ammo. I have some 50 grain varmint rounds for my AR. They were made by American Eagle. I have noticed that after clambering and ejecting the same round a few times, the bullet become loose in the casing and actually gets seated back. It is at that point when I can push with my finger the bullet all the way back into the case. I have not experienced this with any other type of ammo. My guess is that the bullet is not crimped enough. Any ideas?

I keep these loaded up for HD instead of FMJ because I haven't found any HP yet. I would just reseat the bullet but I don't have a .223 crimping die yet. Also, the same round gets re chambered from time to time due to cleaning and changing ammo for range trips.

17. DrFootball

Were looking into this one! That was my first guess, that the rounds aren't crimped right enough/properly...then again when I was a "Re-Loader" I was only doing handgun calibers,... So I'll refer to the other two Experts...

18. fa35jsf

fa35jsf New Member

Thanks. Here is a photo of what I am talking about. Unfortunately, since I have loaded the ammo into mags and threw away the boxes, I don't know any lot numbers. ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1403044604.963589.jpg ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1403044631.599998.jpg

19. jigs-n-fixture

jigs-n-fixture Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Are you just cycling these through or only partially firing full magazines?

I've had this kind of results in magazines that don't have good shoulder guides to keep the rounds from hitting the front of the magazine during recoil. Is there any deformation of the tip of the bullet?

20. fa35jsf

fa35jsf New Member

Just cycling them through. These exact rounds have never been in a magazine while the gun is being shot. The tips are a polymer as they are varmint rounds so no deformation. It is also only the first one or two rounds in the magazine which happens to be the only ones that have actually been cycled into the chamber off the magazine. My rifle has full and proper M4 feed ramps so I don't see any issue there. Also, I have not seen this result from any other ammo through this rifle.