Questions about 'Covid". ?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by dango, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Mercator

Mercator Well-Known Member

Of course. Here come Wikipedia and the Oxford Dictionary.
    How did Trump assassinate Fauci’s character? Take 2.

2. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

I never said Trump did, people in his administration have. I doubt they would do without his nod. Agree with it or not, but few would deny it is happening, his problem is he is not a yes man.

3. Mercator

He said erroneous? Well, pardon me.
    Look up “overreaching” in that dictionary :)

4. Hookeye

Hookeye Well-Known Member

Gunshow today, 90% no masks.
    Work mandates, can be fired if not wearing.
    Odd, 2 months prior to outbreak at work, they let a bunch of losers wear masks on chin.
    But now they "care"......about 20 positive and 22 on quarantine.
    If you answer "yes" on questionnaire you are out til tested neg, think on your own time.
    But if you come to work sick and they send you home, you get 10 days paid, after that burn sickleave........

so what do you think is happening?

The liberals come in sick, risking others. So they get paid (and don't have ti burn vac).
    Or they say "yes" on questionnaire on Thurs, are kept out of plant...........test Friday, get results Sat and back to work Mon. They lose a day or two pay, but get an extended weekend.

Can still burn vac day (pay whenever) or just do without (sugar momma?).

You can tell who does either of this crap..........the slacker workers, the liberals.
    Pretty revealing on character.

Its not just them making risks for others, but people not showing up makes it harder on those that do..........we have people being moved, not enough to run machines, definitely affecting output..........and they will wonder why the profit sharing not what it should be.

Clueless.

Bastards.

Gatoragn and primer1 like this.
  5. F4U

F4U Well-Known Member Supporter

No the problem is he is a member of the swamp, telling the media what they want to hear. One of the drawbacks to Trump not having much gov't experience is that he assumes if you worked somewhere for 40 years you are competent, because if you worked for him for 40 years you had to be competent. This is true for the most part in the real world, not in government.

Fauci proved his willingness to bend to the prevailing political winds in the 80s when aids first appeared. A skunk don't change his stripe.

6. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

It's more than just Fauci. Dr. Fauci’s wife, Dr. Christine Grady, is also working on COVID. Christine Grady has some serious horsepower and the two are likely coordinating on some of these isolationist theories pertaining to COVID.

My point being that if these two "experts" collaborate on the course they want the country to take on COVID, whether right or wrong, it's difficult for Trump to proclaim a different course........... and if they are operating from an agenda rather than pure science we're the ultimate losers.

Christine Grady is a bioethicist who serves as the head of the Department of Bioethics at the National Institutes of Health Clinical Center.

She was involved in the AIDS/HIV epidemic of the 1980s and published research on an HIV vaccine.

Bioethics in medicine goes beyond deciding whether a treatment is ethical. Medical bioethics also examines working conditions for healthcare professionals and hospital staff. It also studies treatment accessibility and can determine if treatments are needlessly inaccessible due to unfair price inflation.

For example, bioethics studies are guiding policy on schools reopening. Bioethicists like Christine Grady want to ensure that when schools reopen, they are done with minimal risks of students, teachers, and staff contracting COVID. The implement guidelines for distancing, sanitation, and masks.

Bioethicists like Christine Grady also form policies on protections hospitals need to adhere to so doctors, nurses, and staff reduce their risk of contracting COVID or spreading it to other patients or their families.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
  7. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

I didn't know Fauci had any integrity, he flip flops as much as Biden!:(

Ghost1958, TimKS and ellis36 like this.
  8. Mercator

In fairness, everyone flip flops because today we know more than yesterday. Fauci didn’t know jack but he had to say something. Trump himself boasted zero deaths from covid back in February as an achievement. Being smarter today than three months ago is good enough for me.

manta and ellis36 like this.
  9. Bona Voluntate

Bona Voluntate Member

How much of your time and money has been wasted on this COVID? This COVID has effected less the 1% of our population. COVID will not end the human race. And let's not forget life is not fair. Life expectancy for me (born 1950) is 66.5 years I have beat the number by 3.5 years. So, whatever I die from is irrelevant; I beat the odds.

Ghost1958 likes this.
  10. TimKS

TimKS Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

11. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

If you at look what Fauci has said, he is saying the same as the government scientific advisers are in most countries. Its not rocket science if you want to cut down the infections and deaths, then you need masks social distancing etc. He gives the advice, it's then up to the politicians to decide what to do, he does not make policy.

jigs-n-fixture likes this.
  12. JimRau

That don't 'cut down' anything, it only slows it down! This virus WILL RUN IT'S COURSE NO MATTER WHAT WE DO! Slowing it down will only prolongs the misery and ruins our economy!:(

primer1, woodlander and Ghost1958 like this.
  13. Mercator

The meaning of slowing it down is to have hospital beds available without interruption. If they are full of covid and you have a heart attack, they will divert your ambulance, and no word on how soon it will arrive because the EMT's are sick.

manta likes this.
  14. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Well-Known Member

Wearing the masks Fauchi sits and hangs off one ear is useless. Telling folks otherwise is a great way for them to feel confident and catch the stupid bug.

The virus is always going to be here. We ain't going to " beat it" anymore than we beat the flu.

TimKS likes this.
  15. JimRau

One excuse is as good as another! ;)