Questions about 'Covid". ?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by dango, Jul 29, 2020.

1. jigs-n-fixture

jigs-n-fixture Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Yep, double blind studies. The core of scientific research.

And, yes a single population test regime can be done more quickly, and is used as an indicator to initiate the more complex, and costly double blind testing.

But there are a lot of potential drugs, which show enough promise to enter the double blind testing, and then don’t pan out. And, since the standards of safety were relaxed twenty odd years ago, there have been quite a few which made it into actual approved general release, which were then found to unnecessarily dangerous.

Personally, I don’t like to take any drug, which hasn’t been around long enough to go off patent, and go generic. There have been several diabetes wonder drugs, approved, which after a year or so in wide spread use have been pulled, because they quadrupled the rate of heart disease, tripled the rate of kidney complications, caused pancreatic cancer, or caused the kidneys to secrete the glucose so fast that patients got yeast infections which couldn’t be controlled.

Doctors aren’t generally the most intelligent folks, they just memorize well. So, you need to be informed and an active member of your medical care team.

JimRau, primer1, ellis36 and 2 others like this.

2. Nmwabbit

Nmwabbit Well-Known Member

this current witch hunt endeavour isn’t following protocol(s), e.g., blind treatment studies, peer review, etc., but rather pursuing head long into the spectrum for a myriad of reasons, most notably greed!

Look at historical data on the clumsy approach modalities and their results - what have they cured: smallpox, HIV, the bloody common flu - - where in this county we still lose 50K citizens a year?

The researchers have abrogated their protocol policy(ies) and there should be significant concern over the efficacy of this hastily contrived vaccine.

3. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

Rules and regulations for thee but not for me!

ellis

https://justthenews.com/government/...vernment-activity-attendees-exempt-quarantine

Lawmakers returning from John Lewis funeral exempt from D.C. quarantine order

"...D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser's quarantine dictates that anyone traveling to a "high-risk area" for "non-essential" reasons must self-quarantine for 14 days upon entering the District. Georgia is deemed "high-risk" by the mayor's office....

"...The entire state of Georgia is among the locations deemed "high-risk" by the mayor's office. But a spokeswoman for Bowser confirmed that attendees of the funeral would not have to follow the mayor's quarantine rules.

"Government activity is essential, and the Capitol of the United States is exempt from the Mayor’s Order," Bowser Press Secretary Susana Castillo told Just the News on Friday.

Asked if Lewis's funeral constituted "government activity," Castillo responded: "Yes."

Asked if attendees at non-government funerals in high-risk areas would have to self-quarantine upon returning to the District, Castillo again responded: "Yes."

Federal government gets other breaks from mayor's orders

The extraordinary exemption from Bowser's quarantine orders is just one example of congressional members being released from strict coronavirus mitigation rules in the District of Columbia.

Earlier in July, Bowser declared that D.C. residents must wear masks while in public indoor spaces, as well as outdoors when likely to be around other people for "more than a fleeting time."

Yet exempt from that order were "persons in the judicial or legislative branches of the District government while those persons are on duty," as well as "any employees of the federal government while they are on duty."..."

4. schnuffleupagus

schnuffleupagus Well-Known Member

Watch "Florida Osteopath On Fake Positive Cases, Full Hospitals Myth, & HCQ" on YouTube

primer1 likes this.
  5. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

I could post similar videos with a opposite view, people will believe what they want to. As for the testing America has the most people tested in the world, and the best testing / tests in the world according to Trump.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020 at 9:25 AM
  6. schnuffleupagus

That there are alternate veiws at all proves this crisis is more political than "pandemic"

Science is NOT consensus.

7. manta

The CV19 crisis is what it is, and yes it is being politicized by all sides. The attempted character assassination of Dr Fauci is a good example, i will let you guess what side that is coming from.

8. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

Those masks are no more of a hazard any more than any other 'litter' used by humans. More crap to keep us in FEAR AND DIVIDED!:(

schnuffleupagus likes this.
  9. 7.62 Man

7.62 Man Well-Known Member

I ate at a Mexican restaurant for the first time since this virus hit & the younger people were all standing outside as I went in with their masks in their hands. The restaurant was full so we picked a seat in the bar area. As the younger people came in putting on their masks only to sit down & immediately take them off??? Total length of time the mask was properly on the face about 5 to 10 seconds. So what good does it do??

ellis36 and schnuffleupagus like this.
  10. schnuffleupagus

Any guy going from backing Plaxiquil in 2005 to ...uh there is no science that proves the efficacy of this drug as treatment deseves to be mocked.

His response to questions about not wearing the mask at the ball park proves he deserves mocking.

The guy is a tool

11. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member

^ So basically, laws for thee but not for me. Typical.

To declare that funerals, burials and flights shall not occur in so-called "high risk" states/areas, but that lawmakers are exempt from most of these constraints because a funeral equates to official government function ... Yeah.

My father's still not buried, yet, and it's been months. Probably will be months. But John Lewis's attendees get to partake in close-quarters funeral gatherings everywhere they go, and he gets buried lickety-split.

Wouldn't expect any less of such people as "lawmakers." If they'd bloody well turn their attentions to "law breakers" for awhile and erase such attempts to corral the citizens who hire them, we'd get some benefit from such people. What a change that would be.

schnuffleupagus, primer1 and ellis36 like this.
  12. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

My sympathies with your father, 66!

ellis

13. Mercator

Mercator Well-Known Member

It’s called criticism around here. Character assassination is when someone’s debatable actions are attributed to him being innately a scumbag. Or is it because CNN and the Guardian said so. Bring it on, let’s see how Trump “assassinated” Fauci.

Btw I let you guess who the real numero uno is for such treatment in America.

schnuffleupagus likes this.
  14. Mercator

Mercator Well-Known Member

In a PhD program it is so, but in real time we don’t have the luxury to wait for the double blind study results. We have to act now, based on what little we do know, and use out best judgement to fill the blanks. Science will catch up and make corrections.

Not sure what it means to be an “active member of your care team”. Ask questions, of course, but what else? If you second guess every call, and your doctor is less than intelligent, you are in more trouble than being an “active member” can fix.

15. manta

Criticism is one thing, its a bit more than that. As for Trump, he lets others do that for him.

16. manta

What about when questioned about using disinfectant and bright light in the body to fight CV19. The answer, i was being sarcastic, and you say Fauci is a tool.

17. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member

IMO, it means nothing less than becoming a knowledgeable, active participant. After all, WE are the customers, and it's our necks on the line. In the end, it is incumbent on each to manage it well.

In my own case, I do my "homework" (prep) prior to ever reaching the office for my periodic check-ups with my doctor. I leverage the online communication tool to forewarn the doctor of questions or concerns I have, along with anything I want addressed at the upcoming appointment. I want to know, in high-line detail, about each and every medication and why it's as efficacious or risky as the doc knows. And unless it's urgent, before agreeing to any such meds, I'll first do a bit of verification and fact-finding myself in order to ensure I know what I'm getting into.

If that's "second-guessing," then by golly I'm all for it. Except in cases of urgency, I have a hard time seeing how that's not a win-win. Takes a little more time, sure. But NO general practitioner should be on the effective payroll of insurance, acting like it, keeping me at a distance, refusing to dialog with me, refusing to make clear what I'm getting into, refusing to spend sufficient time until my questions are answered. Nobody deserves that. Of course, it's our responsibility to not waste such time, pressed as they are to see others.

Others might do what they will. That's on them. Thankfully, I have an agreeable doc who enjoys a knowledgeable and understanding patient who's fully-vested in his own health and well-being. And I'm sure he appreciates the fact I do indeed do my "homework" prior to ever taking his time.

If only more would do that, we'd likely have a much healthier population.

Particularly in events such as emergence of a highly-virulent "novel" pathogen like SARS-CoV-2.

primer1 likes this.