Questions about 'Covid". ?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by dango, Jul 29, 2020.

1. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

i do play by the rules , distancing , masks but I,m curious of one thing . Going into town do weekly chores , I see old used masks blowing around Walmart parking lot . I would thing given the "facts" as we are told , why are there not proper disposal units like toxic waste units ?

7.62 Man, Sniper03, alsaqr and 4 others like this.
  2. Mercator

Mercator Well-Known Member

I see them everywhere. Probably same people who toss cigarettes out the window. It’s technically biohazard but really not contagious as long as you don’t pick it up. Litter 2020.

dango likes this.

3. dango

Air borne , distancing ! It's possible for those bio hazardous materials to blow anywhere the wind blows . Small chance as it may be , should they not be dealt with as such ? My curse is curiosity , maybe I ask too many questions , maybe not.

Rifling82 likes this.
  4. TimKS

TimKS Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I would guess that a healthy dose of sunlight might kill covid crud. :confused:

dango likes this.
  5. Pasquanel

Pasquanel Proud to be an American Supporter

dango likes this.
  6. dango

Well I see this is going nowhere so I'll drop it . The underground rail systems don't get much sunlight

Rifling82 likes this.
  7. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

People are jerks and slobs and inconsiderate.

partdeux, manta, Sniper03 and 3 others like this.
  8. dango

I'd agree that most people slops but not all . Like my vision of you Winds ! :D A thrown guilded with gold with other admonishments , glass like marble floors , the finest of trinkets surround one as deserving as you !

By the way , how's your poor foot coming along , well healed by now I hope !

towboater likes this.
  9. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member

Hm. Like people would use special-purpose trash receptacles? Heck, many people can't even find enough dignity to move 5ft to the normal trash bin. Almost certainly, nearly every idiot that dumped their hazardous waste onto the ground passed a big trash can as they exited the door.

Of course, it's WalMart; their customer base isn't generally known for a sense of dignity or civic pride, as least insofar as their actions suggest.

I live near a town where a percentage of people urinate on the ground, toss their trash beside them as they're walking along, etc. Keeping themselves clean is the furthest thing from their minds. Can't imagine them giving a dried-out turd for what anyone else thinks, nor them having to step over their mindlessly-discarded toxic waste.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
    Oldoutlaw, dango and ellis36 like this.
  10. Nmwabbit

Nmwabbit Well-Known Member

The used cloth/paper face masks are not biohazard material whatsoever as the life cycle is minimal in the elements “if the individual was indeed actively infected” at the time the mask was worn.

As mentioned, this is nothing more than smokers dumping their vehicle’s ashtray on to the ground whenever it is full - so you are discussing nothing more than inconsiderate citizens improperly disposed of their trash from their vehicles or trash falling from collector’s collection trucks!

Oldoutlaw and dango like this.
  11. winds-of-change

WOW! If I were half the woman you think I am.

As for my foot, I am FINALLY in physical therapy. I’m building up leg and foot muscles that have been long gone. I’m walking so much better. I may be released back to work in August. After being in disability since October 2019. If I were a slouch, I could probably get permanent disability but I want to get back to work.

dango likes this.
  12. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

Going into Walmart last Monday, the first day of the Walmart requirement of masks, I followed a man across the parking lot toward the entrance. He was not wearing a mask and as he approached the entrance and apparently saw the signs he picked up a mask lying on the ground and put it on.....

ellis

PANDEMIC, alsaqr, sheriffjohn and 3 others like this.
  13. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

Walmarts customer base reflects the local community. The customers at Walmart at Oxford, Ms. ....and the general cleanliness of the store and parking lot reflect the general population of an University town and are way different than a Walmart I've seen in another "different" part of Mississippi. My local Walmart parking lot is generally clean and the store is spotless.
    Customers are decently dressed and no ***-cracks showing....ever!

The customer referred to in post #12 was apparently a tourist off the freeway!
    Probably from Chicago:D

ellis

14. dango

Speachless , that's extremely rare ........o_O

Rifling82, MisterMcCool and ellis36 like this.
  15. dango

If it's not your reality , it is in Bolota's intentions and heart Winds ! ;)

winds-of-change likes this.
  16. winds-of-change

Seriously? That is DUSGUSTING!!!!

That is true.

dango, alsaqr, ellis36 and 1 other person like this.
  17. sheriffjohn

sheriffjohn Well-Known Member Supporter

Asked a young man who works at our local Wal-Mart if they had designated employees to confront non-maskers. He said that's management's problem, no one is to confront anyone not wearing a mask but employees are required to wear one. Given that our Wal--Mart has a shed with water for Amish customers to leave buggies/horses, saggy britches are not a problem.

Farm and Home store provides free blue masks for customers, has hand sanitizer/wipes when you enter, and the best firearms selection in 50 miles. My favorite store.

dango, G66enigma, alsaqr and 2 others like this.
  18. winds-of-change

That’s like seeing a half eaten hamburger in the garbage can, pulling it out and eating it.

dango, towboater and ellis36 like this.
  19. microadventure

microadventure Well-Known Member

when I worked at a NASA satellite tracking station, the maintenance staff complained about people pouring grease down the sink and clogging the drains

they got a bucket and painted it red. they painted "grease bucket - not for trash" on it. they put up large signs, red on white, that said "do not pour grease down the drain. dispose of grease in the red bucket. do not throw trash in the grease bucket".

with entirely predictable results.

20. PaBushMan

PaBushMan Well-Known Member

Our walmart will give you a new mask free if you ask. I like the idea.

Oldoutlaw, dango and Rifling82 like this.