question

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by upchuck, Dec 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. upchuck

upchuck New Member

What kind of triger is legal on home defence type assault rifles?

2. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Hey upchuck, I see this is your first post. I recommend you go to introductions and introduce yourself. Lots of helpful links will come your way.

3. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

No sure I understand the question.

Uhhh..... The trigger that me with the weapon????

4. sdiver35

sdiver35 New Member

Don't know, I have a sports rifle not an assault rifle.

5. upchuck

upchuck New Member

not sure I understand your anser but what wondering what style trigger is legal on a home defence assault rifle M-16type)

6. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

I smell a troll in our midst...

7. upchuck

upchuck New Member

now i'm really confused- what is legally a sports rifle?

8. downsouth

downsouth New Member

9. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Unless you have all the paper work and background check to legally own a full auto firearm, the best trigger on a home defense weapon is one that allows only one round fired each time the trigger is pulled.

10. trip286

trip286 New Member

I'm boggy and soggy. Where's Woggy?

11. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Lol, ok bugle boy of company b

12. sdiver35

sdiver35 New Member

Mine is a sports rifle because that is what it is used for - sport. Competition and range time; any time other than that its locked away!

I defend my home with my handguns.

13. HM2Grunt

HM2Grunt New Member

I guess that the definition would depend on what you use you rifle for. As of yet, I have heard of no legal description of an assault rifle. I just know that it is a vague description used by folks who don't like guns.

It could technically applied to all milsurp rifles, as they were once used to assault an enemy's position. That kind of rifle description goes all the way back to the Civil war and further. Single-shots with a bayonet I am sure the American Indian would have called the Winchester an assault weapon, and the trooper as well, when the Indian turned the rifle around.

A sports rifle is any firearm that has been adopted for sporting use. It may be called upon to be a defensive arm.

I suppose that the closest you could get to calling something an assault weapon would be a fully automatic, bang, bang, bang, until you let up on the trigger weapon, used primarily by warring countries.

Arms used for sport or self defense are at times painted with the same "assault rifle" brush to meet political agendas. I am sorry to say this, but your question is stupid, you are arising suspicions from forum members about who you are.

Legal trigger, I guess that you are probably not class three holder, so your legal trigger is one that will fire your weapon one time only for every time you pull it. That is the simple definition I think we can all agree on. There is a second component to the trigger, regarding defensive shooting, is the shooter's brain. He has to know if he needs to respond with deadly force to meet deadly force. The use and consequences of your acts are your responsibility, not your trigger type.

Using deadly force is a morale choice, not to be hampered by the government, however, if you chose it, you must be willing to take the legal consequences if they arise.

If these questions are legit, it is what I always say, the buyer should not be able to accept a weapon until he shows some rudimentary fire-arms knowledge. Military weapon training has always been good.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  14. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Far as I know there is no such thing as an illegal trigger or an assault rifle for that matter.A rifle is an object...assault is a verb not an adjective.

15. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Agreed, in 1945 my Mosin Nagant would have been an "assault rifle" and I suppose a Kentucky Rifle would have been one in 1864 but I digress.

16. trip286

trip286 New Member

I've assaulted a man with a pair of rubber "truck nutz".

Let me rephrase that, I've used a pair to assault a man. He was causing property damage. He kicked in the rear bumper of my car. I hate plastic bumpers...

Assault nutz.....

17. trip286

trip286 New Member

Better than getting your nutz assaulted, or being assaulted with salty nutz...

I think I'll stop now.

18. trip286

trip286 New Member

Sometimes I talk to myself because I need an expert opinion.

Dontcha Frank?

19. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

We're done here. This thread is going nowhere fast.

20. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Keep going......you have an audience

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.