Question on Henry Big Boy .44 mag

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by fmj, Aug 20, 2012.

1. fmj

fmj New Member

Been looking really close at getting one of these things now that they are coming drilled and tapped for scopes.

My questions are....

For those that have one or have shot them regularly, what kind of accuracy can i reasonably expect @100 yds?

and...

I notice the holes in the top of the receiver are arranged 1 in the front, two in the back. What type of scope mount(s) will work on this arrangement?

2. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

A guy I used to work with had one with a scope. He used to poke holes in phone books at 100 yards, he said if he missed it was his fault, not the guns. That's all I know.

3. BlueTurf

BlueTurf New Member

My friend has one of these rifles. I had no trouble hitting a pop can at 100 yards with iron sights.

4. tomingreeneco

tomingreeneco New Member

A Big Boy with a scope? AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!:(

5. fmj

fmj New Member

DUDE! Not exactly my first choice either, buuuut, I have TERRIBLE eyesight. I cant see a target using iron sights much past 30 yards. When i sight using irons everything is black, the sights, the target, everything.

6. tomingreeneco

tomingreeneco New Member

Go to a craft store and buy some fluorescent paint in orange, yellow or whatever color you think you might like. But a dot on either side of the back sight and one on the front sight. You would be surprised how much this helps when using iron sights. Did not mean to be a smart ass with my comment, but just could not imagine the “Duke” using a lever with a scope on it. Like in the scene from True Grit when he runs down the bad guys with Colt in one hand and a lever in the other. LOL

7. fmj

fmj New Member

I have done that...doesnt help much to see the sights but not the target. Being forced to scope every long gun is not my first choice. Not exactly a fan of scopes either...to easily jostled and loss of zero.

oh...

...and this isnt the movies....