Question on gun law

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by kdog, Mar 9, 2010.

1. kdog

kdog Member

Hi guys,

I have a question for you all.

According ot a newspaper article in the Financial Times Germany, there seems to be one state in the US, that has it in the law, that only electrnicly secured firearms will be allowed to be sold, as soon as they are available.

Is this true and what state is this?

Reason for my question is, that a company called Armatix produced such electronicly secured weapons and wants to make a Magnum revolver for the US market. There newest produkt at the moment is a semi auto pistol in .22, that will only fire, if it is aimed at a special target, not to forget the version, that requires a biometrical permissin to be used.

Do you know of any authorities asking for such firearms for duty purpose?

2. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

There was a movement to make biometric enabled guns mandatory. That was the topic discussed by the preveious owners of Smith and Wesson (Tompkins) and the ATF that caused so much heartburn with the American shooting public.

As of now, I know of no such technology. There certainly is no law mandating such technology, yet.

3. ThorsHammer

ThorsHammer New Member

I don't even know which state might have been rumored to do something like that. Maybe California?

4. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Somewhere on the forum is another thread about this subject. I know that Dzscubie stated that he saw them at the SHOT Show and offered his take on the idea.

5. kdog

kdog Member

I mentioned this a few months ago regarding the company Armatix, that make and try to sell biometric gun safeties.
    They have produced a cal. .22 pistol, that will only work in combination with a special watch, that has the fingerprint reader built in it.

here is the video clip to that system, taken at a gun show here last year:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3vkw9dRT_o]YouTube - Armatix smart gun goes click when it shouldn't[/ame]

6. kdog

kdog Member

Guys, I picked this up in a different forum and thought you might be interested.

FOXNews.com - New Jersey Smart Gun Legislation Enacted - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

7. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

How do you get the bad guy to wear the target?:rolleyes:

8. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

New Jersey would have been my first guess. Hopefully Christie, the new Gov, will get things straightened out...can't rely on SCOTUS.

9. kdog

kdog Member

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-auX26P7Xbg]YouTube - Armatix Smartgun IP1 Smart System[/ame]