question on buying xd online

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by guthy125, Feb 11, 2012.

1. guthy125

guthy125 New Member

Has anyone ever bought a firearm from gunsamerica.com before? If so, are you satisfied with it/havent had problems with either site or weapon? I was browsing because im debating to get a gun soon, and i heard nothing good and greater things about xds and xdms. Now there is a subcompact xd 40sw on there for 399 plus 25 s&h...is this a good deal? And yes the seller is a trusted seller.

2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

personally, i had no real luck with the people i contacted or tried to contact a couple of years ago when i was looking for an AR. they were out of something that was being advertised for sale, or wouldn't return my calls or emails. so i will stick with my gun dealer and pawn shops. the XD40 is a very good pistol and you will probably enjoy it, but if you haven't shot or held one, then go and check it out in person first. if you have checked them out in person, and it's what you want, then the price is pretty good.

3. Axxe55

on a side note, check out the XDm-40. the XD is very good, the XDm is better! i bought one last year, has a smoother trigger than the XD, slimmer profile on the slide, match grade barrels, interchangeable grip backstraps. i liked the XD when i shot one, but i like the XDm much better.

4. guthy125

guthy125 New Member

well ive shot a colt 1911 before and my grandfathers glock...er forgot which one but a full sized 40sw, so i assume the xd/xdm is very similar if not slight better (imo)

5. canebrake

canebrake New Member

First, why a 40 S&W (or as I call it the 10mm lite)?

Really, if you want capacity, go with a 9mm and if stopping power is your desire, you can't beat the "big & slow" .45 ACP.

The 40 S&W is a product of good publicity and brain washing of the LEO force out there today.

If your skill is mediocre, go with the 9 mike mike and if your point of impact is also your point of aim, go with the .45. Trust the old man on this one.

And if you want to buy on-line, go with Bud's;

S&W XD

I recommend them with zero caveats.

6. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Cane; I always thought it was 40 slow & weak.:rolleyes: I recently picked up an XD45 compact. Great shooter.

7. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

If you are LEO or military you can't beat GT Distributors. Look em up.

8. Axxe55

IMO the XD is comparable to the Glock, but the XDm is a little better. i am not bashing the Glock as they do the job they were designed to do, and do it well. but i like the ergonomics of the XDm better, and the trigger feels better to me as well. i have shot the Glocks, and would buy one if it comes along at the right price and time. make a choice between them, an XD and a Glock, would be a coin toss, an XDm and a Glock, the XDm. but these are my preferences and opinions based on my past experiances with them.

any round like the snappy 40 is going to be harder to control somewhat in a compact pistol. it's all about the grip and control. a lot of people own and shoot it in full size pistols and have no problems, but some have problems when using it in a compact pistol. something to consider, and to check out for yourself. i have the same problem with some pistols in compact form myself.

9. guthy125

guthy125 New Member

only reason i really mentioned a 40 is because that was the only one on the site for 399 that i saw checking buds now

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  10. Axxe55

i have heard much better results and less problems from people using Buds. if i were to buy online and have one sent to my FFL, they would be one i would give consideration to in that decision. plus i have looked at their website from time to time and their prices are very decent.

11. chewchew

chewchew New Member

To me buying a gun is like buying a car. If I can't sit in it and drive it , no deal. When the XD 45 first came out, I had to have one, so I ordered one and other than shooting a little inconsistant patern at 50 yards, it was OK for personal protection, then everytime I got a gun magazine, the XD had come out with something different that made mine look like a antique. I finally got pissed at the changes they made and tried to sell mine, but nobody wanted it because it was the old model. I finally put it in the safe and never to be shot or sold until my death. To this day I've never bought another XD and never will. They might be the best guns in the world (which I serious doubt) but there is not one that will match the Colts I shoot, not even the FN or Kimber. If XM's turn you on, buy one, but don't expect to win any pistol matches with one unless you can to get Springfield to sponser you.

12. Axxe55

i really do like my XDm40 and it's a great pistol to shoot and i liked it as soon as i held it. if i ever had to make a choice between my XDm or my 1911, and i hope i never have to, i would have to go with my 1911. i shoot my XDm more now than the 1911, but i will probably always own one. some may come and go and be replaced, but my 1911 will always be there, only replaced with another 1911. i also realize my XDm isn't a 1911, nor do i expect it to be, it is waht it is, a polymer pistol that just plain works as it's intended and fits my hand well. it's lighter than my 1911, which i like, but there is that solid feel to the 1911, that i like also. so i like them for what they are, and will say this, don't buy something expecting it to be what it's not, because you will be disappointed. buy what you want based on what it is.