Question For You Safe Owners???

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by lastcast, Jan 10, 2012.

1. lastcast

lastcast New Member

Greetings All:

Just wondering how many of you folks with gun safes have a dehumidifier installed in them?? I just purchased another gun safe and was thinking of getting an electric dehumidifier that fits inside. There is a small hole on rear bottom of safe to install one if you want. Store has one for about $15.00. What's your thoughts on this????

Regards: Lastcast, Ranger Recon, Class of 67.

2. trip286

trip286 New Member

For 15 bucks I'd go ahead with it. It can't hurt. By the way, I don't own a safe.

3. Jkl-28

Jkl-28 New Member

I have a safe and do have a dehumidifier in there I live in nevada witch is pretty dry but it won't hurt and just in case I rather spend like $30 on one than have my guns get damaged

4. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

I have one, so I guess I vote in favor of it. As the others have stated, for 15-30 bucks...better safe than sorry.

5. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

My Cannon Gun Safe came with an outlet already built-in on the back for lighting and dehumidifier.

6. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Yes I have a safe and yes I use a dehumidifier.

7. fireguy

fireguy New Member

I use the dessicant cartridges that are removed from a compressed breathing air system. I just put them in the oven at low heat for a few hours to dry them out periodically and place them in the safe as a passive dehumidifier system. Seems to work, no problems so far. I do tend to give everything a wipe with oil when I put them away, though.

8. rjgnwdc

rjgnwdc New Member Supporter

I have a safe

But I don't have a DH but for $15 you can't go wrong