Question for the experts

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by Groundhog, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Groundhog

Groundhog New Member

I've got a 1976 Ruger .41 Super Blackhawk Centennial that I purchased new and have since only fired once. It's been stored for years and only taken out for cleaning. I haven't been able to find another model like it for sale and was curious about it's value. Anyone?

Last edited: Dec 27, 2010
  2. JonM

JonM Moderator

does it have something to the effect of "made in the 200th year of liberty" printed on the barrel??

pics would help. ruger makes a LOT of varients. i cant find any 41mags made in 76.

from your info it sounds like a blackhawk single in 41 magnum value in my blue book goes from 400-700$ depending on condition add 50-100 for liberty barrel. 700 is new in box with all packing materials pieces and parts manuals etc. 400 is 85%

3. Groundhog

Groundhog New Member

It does have the Liberty barrel. Box might be packed away somewhere. Thanks for the info, was just curious.

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

you might have a rare one. my blue book doesnt list a production for any blackhawk in 41mag in 1976. typically collector rugers are pre 73. doesnt mean they didnt make em during that period however.

5. Missileman

Missileman New Member

Are you sure it's a "Super" Blackhawk and not a New Model or a Bisley? The Bisley came with both fluted and non-fluted cylinders. I didn't know Ruger made a "Super Blackhawk" in .41 Magnum? How long is the barrel?

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

thats liekly what it is then a new model. value will be blue book with a small bump for the 1976 barrel stamping. value liekly close to my first post since the new model was closest and what i was quoting.

7. Groundhog

Groundhog New Member

Serial number puts it at 1976. It's a new model blackhawk .41 mag with the liberty stamp on the 6" barrel. Fired only once.

8. Missileman

Missileman New Member

I would think it's a 6 1/2 inch barrel--I don't think they made one with a 6 incher--either way nice gun. I would agree somewhere in the $500+ range, but you may get some more if you have the original box and a .41 mag fan like myself comes along.