Question for the beautiful ladies ?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by dango, Jan 2, 2014.

1. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I am an artist , designer , carver , scuplter and designer of one of a kind any things .

Now , would a lady rather have something store bought , or something created just for her ..?

I know what she likes and really , it could go either way..! What to do.?

2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I am a beautiful lady. If my man was very creative and artistic, I would certainly want something personally made just for me. If my man is not artistic and creative, a thoughtfully shopped for store bought gift is very nice, too.

3. Eagle1803

Eagle1803 New Member

well, depends on the women, but I would say most women would appreciate something that you put your time and effort in to please her means, but if she's a golddigger, well its hard to carve a diamond!

4. TLuker

TLuker Active Member

If she likes fine china and that type of stuff then she would probably love something like a Faberge egg made just for her, but you would have to be capable of producing a really nice one in that style. A modern art or folk art version wouldn't work unless she was really into modern art or folk art. It depends on her tastes and your artistic style. :)

But since I'm not a beautiful woman I'm just guessing at that!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  5. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

You're not either. Oh, No....not without a picture.

6. indy36

indy36 New Member

No woman wants a bear statue made from a log by a chain saw. They want shoes, lots of them. Are you a cobbler?

7. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

:eek:

Actually, I would think that's kind of cool and would proudly display that in my yard.

8. JW357

JW357 New Member

I vote creativity 100%

9. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

It depends on the woman. If she is materialistic, she will want something from the store. Not that there's anything wrong with that, it's just a type of person. My favorite presents are made for sure. Hubby has made me some really cool presents, one of which hangs on the wall in the living room.

10. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

What is that avatar? Zombiegirl

11. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

I was just wondering the same thing:p

12. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Simple , she like shopping carts with L A W rocket launching capabilities..! :D
    Have you been to Walmart this time of year.?

13. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

Seems quite logical to me.

14. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Seems pretty logical to me. (I Love Tattoos)

15. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

I'm not a woman, either, but my wife really likes it when I create stuff. I spent 2 months in my wood shop this Christmas, making her presents. I did not spend one minute Christmas shopping. (She did most of the other shopping for other people.) So, if you're not sure, make her something, but have a nice backup from the store. Watch her reaction, and if not positive give her the other one, and tell her that's the REAL one. LOL. (I still do this sometimes, even.)

16. SB777

SB777 New Member

If you have the talent, use it. I'm artistically challenged. My creativity ends at drawing stick men. If I could make something original I'd do it in a heartbeat. In the meantime I'm dependent on the shopping mall for presents. Oh wait, does an occasional plumbing, drywall or auto repair count?:rolleyes:

17. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Who wouldn't want an original dango?

18. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i have seen a few Dango creations here on the forum. they were upside down, but still he's a talented guy. :D

19. 1turkeyhunter

1turkeyhunter New Member

Just buy her something nice and send me the dango original! Ive seen some of your work too..... AWESOME! BTW, nice to see you back!

20. QueenGlamis

QueenGlamis New Member

I think as long as it is thought out and MEANS something to the Mrs. then that is what counts. If your lady wants a jewelry box, and you can make a nice one, go for it. If she has her eye on a particular one at a store, then buy it.

I got a shotgun for Christmas. It fits me, it was the kind I wanted and I love it. Some wives would practice that shotgun by putting birdshot in their husband's rear end if they got a shot gun for Christmas.