question for the ak gurus

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by JonM, Jul 11, 2011.

1. JonM

JonM Moderator

i know zip nada zilch about ak47 other than i hated the mak90 i used to have waaaaay back.

are the CZ VZ 58 Military Sporter any good??

just wondering in case i come across one for a stupid good price at a gunshow or pawnstore

2. chevyforlife1972nova

chevyforlife1972nova New Member

there nice

the original guns are very high quilty but all the ones you will find from century and such are built from kits so you can get a good or a bad one. My buddy has one with the thumb hole stock and its nice its lighter then my AK and is a fun gun. Good luck finding one for a good price tho lol.
    On a side note why did you hate your mak90?

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

Im only interested in the cz version cuz im from czech descent.

I didnt like it cuz it pinched my trigger finger and had a very unpleasent thumbhole stock

4. chevyforlife1972nova

I thought it was the stock

ya the stocks are ugly but that was for importation reasons you could change that out

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

Not atthetime this was during the big gun ban.

Thanks towboater but im wanting opinions from people i trust :)

6. Korey

Korey New Member

reminds me of the zastava but in double stack. milled receiver as well looks like? I havn't shot one but looks like it's worth the cash.

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

thats why i patiently search pawnshops and gunshows ya never know.

8. 7.62 Man

7.62 Man New Member

You do know that VZ-58 & AK47 mags, parts, etc... don't interchange with each other.
    It fires the same 7.62x39 round but that is about the only thing they have in common.
    Just thought you would want to know.;)

9. 1919A4

1919A4 New Member

Three years ago I nabbed a MAK-90 in a New Orleans pawnshop for $99.00. The Vietnamese shop owner said that it had been buried in the back of the store for years and that was the price that had been on it ever since. It was rusty and had a thumbhole stock but both were easy fixes once I handed over the cash and got it home. I also got a broken Taurus .38 Special from him for $15.00 and sent it off to Taurus for their free warranty repair. Taurus didn't carry that model any more so they exchanged it a new one that was comparable for just a small fee.

I loves me my pawnshops. :)

10. JonM

JonM Moderator

i didnt know that thanks. but im not a ak person it wont ever be used for anything but a range gun so one mag would be sufficient. what i really want is a druganov. a real one but thats not liekly.

11. chevyforlife1972nova

12. JonM

JonM Moderator

unfortunately thats a psl not a druganov. look similar but not the same.

13. Korey

Korey New Member

last one I saw was 4500 I almost bought it but got a car instead. I should have bought the druganov

14. JonM

JonM Moderator

yup they only going up in price. i did nearly the same thing a few years back had the chance but didnt do it... was only 1700$ at the time