Question for CWP holders.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by kaido, Feb 8, 2012.

1. kaido

kaido New Member

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  2. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

If I was present when someone fired on an officer, I would try to defend the officer. But, I would be sure the officer knew who's side I was on.

3. kaido

kaido New Member

That was my thought too, but with out actually going up to the officer and saying "hey, don't shoot me, I'm helping" is there any real way of doing that?

4. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

That is a tough question. I think it can only be answered in the moment depending on what is actually happening.

5. kaido

kaido New Member

That's why I'm on the curious side.
    Since I'm in Canada I'll, more then likely, never be faced with that question since we don't have any concealed carry laws here. Just like thinking of serious situations and how some might handle them.

6. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

In general, would try to stay the hell out of their way.

Slightly different scenario- driving down the road, single officer has car stopped, and is rolling on the ground with the driver. Would be much more likely to stop and aid with that one- dialing 911 as I pull over.

In the first scenario, officer would likely feel thay are being attacked from another quarter.

Just remember- having a permit to carry does NOT make you an LEO.

7. kaido

kaido New Member

I think a lot of people would try their best to let an officer do their job.

I know seeing a cop fighting with another individual is more likely the. Being in the area when a gun fight starts between one and a criminal, but I still couldn't/can't help but wonder.

I'm well aware that it doesn't make you any branch of the law just having your CWP at all, but if you had the means to let that officer know you weren't another person who was firing on them, would you try to help or duck/leave the area?