question about value of 2 .22lr rifles

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by silver_q2002, Jan 18, 2010.

1. silver_q2002

silver_q2002 New Member

im wanting to know the value of a marlin model 60. .22 rifle has a scope on it too looked to be in great shape and the other one is a winchester model 270 pump 22 its in fair shape too but not as good looking as the marlin..

im just trying to figure out the value b/c i may trade my dickson detective .25 for them but still not sure if im ready to let this classic go.

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

im no expert by any stretch but just a quick ebaying the scope depending on what it is on the marlin may be worth more than the gun itself. they sell for round 125-200ish. there is a winchester model 270 listed someone trying to sell for 499 after a quick search. the dickson detectives dont appear to be worth much but may to a collector of .25 auto's.

as for my personal opinion any time you got a chance to unload a .25 auto i would take it...

check the bluebook value of each gun and try taking the dickson to a couple of gunstores and see what they give for it. collectors always pay more for a gun than a gunstore or pawnstore will but they are harder to find thana collector looking for the exact gun you have.

3. silver_q2002

silver_q2002 New Member

i think hes got a cheap scope on the marlin..
    as for the dickson detective it was imported over seas to here, by a company at the american import co.they quite in 68 and mine has 1968 markings
    it pretty much just like a rigrami or a galesi
    i already have taken it to gun shops and they have never seen one before and offered 25$
    i was at a gun show this year and i wish i has the extra cash bu i een it going for 100bucks i figure thats what mine is worth. i may just end up trading it for those .22's

thanks anyways man

4. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

I'd trade it and never look back :)

5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

I think the Dickson was made in Italy by Galesi. About $100-$125, depending on condition. Each of the rifles is about $100-175, depending on condition. If rifles are in good shape, and function well, would be a VERY good trade.

6. canebrake

canebrake New Member

7. ShadowLID

ShadowLID New Member

Not to say anything bad about the .25. But yea its a sucky round. Not only is it useless but it cost alot for the ammo. I would rather though a small rock at someone then shoot them with a .25. Because your going to piss them off ether way. So i would trade.

8. BILLYBOB44

BILLYBOB44 Active Member

Make the trade..

Make the trade+have Cane post up the pict. of His Model 60--for ideas on your part..:D

9. soulsniper

soulsniper New Member

i know the marlin model 60 is an excellent rifle