Question about M4Carbine.net Forum

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by BCMjUnKiE, Feb 2, 2012.

1. BCMjUnKiE

BCMjUnKiE New Member

Anybody have problems with members on that Forum?
    I know quit a bit but some of these guys are very rude and try to get you banned from the forum.
    I advise to stay away from that forum.

2. EW1066

EW1066 Member Supporter

I don't think that's a fair statement or good "blanket" advice. M4carbine.net is a different culture. They take shooting and firearms very seriously. Are they too serious? Maybe. But many of them carry weapons on a daily basis for personal protection and protection of the public and our nation. If you go to that forum and your first post is about how cool your gun looks, don't expect a warm welcome.

They have very strong feelings about what makes a quality weapon and equally strong feelings about who makes quality weapons. I would also add that they have good empirical data to back up those beliefs.
    Going to that forum and bragging about how great your bushmaster is will not be met well.

They will also encourage you to use the "ORANGE" search button before posting a question. only because most questions asked by new members are repeats of subjects that have been beaten to death before.

Like any other forum, learn the appropriate etiquette and conduct yourself accordingly. M4carbine.net is a fantastic source for information that goes way beyond what you will find on most other sights.

EDUB

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Different places, different faces, different expectations, manners, and practices.

I can walk into the I Bar at the Ft Benning Officer's Club in ANY uniform still wearing facial camo, smelling of skeeter repellent, and order a sandwich and a beer. Do not try that in the main dining room upstairs.

Same thing.

4. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

Many forums are like that. It's been my experience that you are treated based on two things. What you bring to the table, and whether or not you can or cannot follow the outlined etiquette.

It never ceases to amaze me the number of people on THIS forum that don't intro first, but rather start a new thread as their very first post. Usually to ask what people think about their new toy. Which quickly progresses in a downward spiral when they realize most of us aren't here to sit around and jack each other off about our stuff....good or bad.

Try professionalsoldiers.com sometime. More information than a person could EVER digest. On just about everything. Those however, are some SERIOUS cats there buddy...and they are very strict and disciplined. They'll let you get a little toe into their world if you show you can handle it, and aren't there to waste their time.

LOTS of good, PRACTICAL firearm info.

5. BCMjUnKiE

BCMjUnKiE New Member

I didn't brag about any of NY guns or ask any stupid question. I did learn quit a bit while on the forum.
    I just had several people, almost sort of stalking me. But whatever I did know they where serious about there weapons and so am I.
    I just think some where way to serious and I did introduce myself as a new member.
    Don't take my post the wrong way, maybe they where just to serious for me. I meet a couple of cool guys on there that helped me out. And I asked them about a few attacking new members and they said they see it happen all the time.
    It's almost reminds me of the scene in Full Metal Jacket where they beat the shot out of Gommer with a bar of soap in a sock.

6. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

I wasn't judging you or your experience you had there...you said some of them were jerks and I have no reason not to believe you. My statement was merely to outline my experiences on other forums.

Just making a general comment, really.

My reference to the PS.com was as an example of another forum that the members keep locked down tightly re: the rules and expected etiquette.

I've heard that M4 is a good place for info tho. Doesn't mean however that they don't have some d..kheads... :)

That's what I like about this forum. It's formal enough to get some really good information, but loose enough that it's not like you're using an encyclopedia.

Sorry if you took my post as an indictment of sorts on you...that's not how I intended it. :)

7. BCMjUnKiE

BCMjUnKiE New Member

Not at all. I like this Forum everyone seems friendly, knowledgable and laid back.:)
    I will go to M4C for answers to any questions that I can't find any where else.

8. trip286

trip286 New Member

There are a few jerks here too. They usually just come and go though, not lasting very long.

Come to think of it, something I told my wife after she quit her third job after we first got together, there are *** holes everywhere, and they all stink.

This forum is generally one of the friendlier ones though, and I'm sure I can speak for most everyone in saying "glad you like it here!"

On the same note, I was a member at the firing line once upon a time. I couldn't take it. I had to take a few days off from here a while back too. It happens...

Don't get me wrong though, just look at that post count to see how much I like it here!

9. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I agree, seems like there has a been more than usual lately for some reason. Their like little troll ninjas,they step in their own sh!t,run around here smearing poop and irritating folks..then they disappear as quickly as they came. I have to admit though, it just makes a boring evening a little more interesting.. There are alot of really good knowledgable people on this forum and i really enjoy being here myself.

10. trip286

trip286 New Member

Dude your gonna jinx us, we haven't had a troll problem for a few days now! Not as I would define a troll anyway, which would be those who are self proclaimed experts in EVERYTHING firearms related (yet continuously spout off inaccurate information that can be disproven by a 30 second google search), and then start in with the personal attacks when you disagree.

I mean seriously? Who the hell calls someone's granny fat because you call them out on their claim to be able to fight a bear off with a stick?

11. jordan89

jordan89 New Member

Well when the AR-15 becomes obsolete a stick might be our only line of defense. ;)

On a side note. I love this forum.

12. Black Talon

Black Talon New Member

I’m not a member of M4carbine.net, but I periodically check it for new threads by Dr. Gary K. Roberts regarding terminal ballistics. There’s a subforum dedicated to the subject.

http://m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=91

Gomer Pyle wasn’t very bright and pissed everyone off.

13. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

but walt, my granny was fat, and she could too fight a bear off with a stick!:D

14. BCMjUnKiE

BCMjUnKiE New Member

Now I have this guy that had a hand in banning me from M4C has now put my friends name and other information, like Usernames on other Forums. Is this guy for real? Why is he so obsessed with looking up all this info then posting it?
    Isn't this going a little to far and crossing the legal line?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  15. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

Sounds like someone is obsessed. Wow.

16. trip286

trip286 New Member

I'll use a blade of some type! Unless you count arrows, they're sticks I guess.

17. trip286

trip286 New Member

Don't worry about it BCM, just get along here and I'm sure you'll be welcome for as long as you want to be here!

18. BCMjUnKiE

BCMjUnKiE New Member

Thanks Trip,

I know he is or was recently in the USMC. So he might be going threw sone sort of psychiatric problems.

Anyway I never had someone bash me and then post my name and info for others to see.
    That to me is very strange and nit normal behavior.
    Unbenoince to him my brothe-in-law is a Sherriff.

19. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Yes, I believe that could be crossing the legal line (maybe stalking, harrassment, or some law about posting other people's private info).
    Don't worry, you will always be welcome here unless you do something really outragous or stupid.:D This is a HARD forum to be banned from unless you are a spammer or a troll.

20. BCMjUnKiE

BCMjUnKiE New Member

The misspelling is due to my iPhone.