Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two firearms that are hard to find clips for, a Star PD model .45 and a Stallard Arms 9MM. Has anyone ever heard of clips for other firearms that will work with these firearms? Or if there is a place offering clips, at reasonable prices, for obscure firearms I would appreciate a link. Thank you!

·
Banned
1,903 Posts
Whats a clip? My little sister puts those in her hair, is that what you mean? Have you checked buds? Or cheaper than dirt? Sometimes they have stuff like that. Sorry i cant help much. You should get better answers in the morning

·
Retired
13,579 Posts
Note to OP:
Using the term "clip" interchangeably with "magazine" is an indication of your inexperience with firearms.

Some handguns do use a clip (think Broomhandle), while most use a magazine.
You can use a clip to feed a magazine (think M-16 stripper clips), but you can't use a magazine to feed a clip.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Don't take offense OP, correct teminology is very important to gun owners. Not only technically, mechanically but also politically. I.E. "assault weapon"...:cool:

·
Registered
7,545 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You are all correct, I misstated what I was looking for. I apologize for the mistake and acknowledge that I should have known better. We are all only human and none of us are perfect, least of all me, but when we get in a hurry or are tired we do make mistakes. I will try to keep future posts error free, but can't promise that future errors may not occur due to being too darn tired to think straight or whatever.

·
Administrator
34,282 Posts
You are all correct, I misstated what I was looking for. I apologize for the mistake and acknowledge that I should have known better. We are all only human and none of us are perfect, least of all me, but when we get in a hurry or are tired we do make mistakes. I will try to keep future posts error free, but can't promise that future errors may not occur due to being too darn tired to think straight or whatever.
No apologies needed. We new what you meant. ;)

I hope you got the info you needed.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
kjohns2001 said:
Clips/magazines who cares!! We know what you meant. Was anybody hurt by that word? Just rub some dirt on it and you will be OK!!:)

·
Registered
304 Posts
Sarcasm & cynicism are just some of the services provided at this site:D.

However, if someone does know the answer, it will be provided.

·
Supporting Member
11,978 Posts
kjohns,

As Winds stated do not take offense! When I read it I knew the gang was going to have a little fun with you! So Smile and have a great time. Cheaper than dirt does have some good products at a fair price. But most magazines are not interchangeable unless you are dealing with some sort fo AR or 1911 or similar platforms. And some manufacturers can advise if some magazines are interchangeable. Numrich Arms sometimes has hard to find magazines for pistols.
For example my Korean K-1 Daewoo will use regular M-16 and AR-15 Mags! And obviously a 1911 Colt Mag will work in a Springfield or Kimber of the same size.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts