Question about clips

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by kjohns2001, Jun 20, 2012.

1. kjohns2001

kjohns2001 New Member

I have two firearms that are hard to find clips for, a Star PD model .45 and a Stallard Arms 9MM. Has anyone ever heard of clips for other firearms that will work with these firearms? Or if there is a place offering clips, at reasonable prices, for obscure firearms I would appreciate a link. Thank you!

2. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

Whats a clip? My little sister puts those in her hair, is that what you mean? Have you checked buds? Or cheaper than dirt? Sometimes they have stuff like that. Sorry i cant help much. You should get better answers in the morning

3. okdonk

okdonk New Member

mags not clips

4. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Note to OP:
    Using the term "clip" interchangeably with "magazine" is an indication of your inexperience with firearms.

Some handguns do use a clip (think Broomhandle), while most use a magazine.
    You can use a clip to feed a magazine (think M-16 stripper clips), but you can't use a magazine to feed a clip.

5. vincent

vincent New Member

Don't take offense OP, correct teminology is very important to gun owners. Not only technically, mechanically but also politically. I.E. "assault weapon"...:cool:

6. Quentin

Quentin New Member

7. kjohns2001

kjohns2001 New Member

You are all correct, I misstated what I was looking for. I apologize for the mistake and acknowledge that I should have known better. We are all only human and none of us are perfect, least of all me, but when we get in a hurry or are tired we do make mistakes. I will try to keep future posts error free, but can't promise that future errors may not occur due to being too darn tired to think straight or whatever.

8. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

No apologies needed. We new what you meant. ;)

I hope you got the info you needed.

9. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

Clips/magazines who cares!! We know what you meant. Was anybody hurt by that word? Just rub some dirt on it and you will be OK!!:)

10. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

You mean these? Lmfao

Attached Files:

11. Thebiker

Thebiker New Member

Sarcasm & cynicism are just some of the services provided at this site:D.

However, if someone does know the answer, it will be provided.

12. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Have you checked numrich?

13. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

kjohns,

As Winds stated do not take offense! When I read it I knew the gang was going to have a little fun with you! So Smile and have a great time. Cheaper than dirt does have some good products at a fair price. But most magazines are not interchangeable unless you are dealing with some sort fo AR or 1911 or similar platforms. And some manufacturers can advise if some magazines are interchangeable. Numrich Arms sometimes has hard to find magazines for pistols.
    For example my Korean K-1 Daewoo will use regular M-16 and AR-15 Mags! And obviously a 1911 Colt Mag will work in a Springfield or Kimber of the same size.

14. kmglocks

kmglocks New Member

Seriously guys, what's with the broccoli avatars?

15. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

16. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Lol its a secret for supporting members.

17. kmglocks

kmglocks New Member

Okay then......

18. GlockRenegade

GlockRenegade New Member

Knocking Obama in some way. I dnt fully understand buy its poking fun at the Pres and or more.

19. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Only one way to find out.